Ecofina 5/15/10

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina 5/15/10

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D My son ,Daniel, and I got on the water at 7:00 and headed straight for the shallows by Hickory Mound. We tried top water for a while with nothing to show for it. Decided to head deeper for some action but it did not come till 11:30. The water was in the high 70's and stained everywhere we went. Only caught fish in 5-7' of water. And other than 2 trout on live pinfish all were caught on straight jigs.ImageWound up with 8 trout from 18-22", 4 flounder and 1 sea bass. Had some rude folks out there come by us so close on plane I could have hit them with a jig. Headed in at 2:30 and let my boy drive in. He did well.Image Daniel limited out for the first time and topped it off with this one.Image

ImageLike they say it ain't over till it's over. I was about to give up before lunch. :thumbup: There were a lot of people out there today. I spoke to a bigbend member on the radio but could not make out the name. Also saw Bad behavior(Jay I was not familiar with the names of places you told me about so I did not get to go there) at the ramp and I think Casey Cook. Hope all did well today. :-D
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina 5/15/10

Post by SS-342 »

An excellent fishing report! Sometimes it happens like that. My daddy had a saying, "Bad start often times a good finish." He could have been saying, never give up!

Looks like a fine young man you have there for a son. He'll be a good skipper one day!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nice work on the trout, HnM. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
RED ZONE 48

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

BOATER SAFETY COURSE ? It's the Law and it' s FUN.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

RED ZONE 48 wrote:BOATER SAFETY COURSE ? It's the Law and it' s FUN.
I was right there instructing him the whole time. I moved to take the picture. :smt004 Thanks SS 342. :-D
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

lotta fish
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Hey Neighbor.....we talked on radiowaves Sat am!

Glad you found the trout deeper. We stayed shallow and caught doubles of everything...large reds, trout, flounder, sea bass, spanish, sail cats,
sea bass and blues. We caught the reds and trout on topwater but it was after 1000.
We did better on Fri but there was lots less boat traffic and folks trying to get in my back pocket! :(
I can never remember having folks I don't know trying to fish and run so close to me....it's like they've lost perspective of distance!
It's one thing to have friends fishing close by mutual consent but total strangers just presuming on my good nature is wearing quite thin!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

That boaters name you spoke with was jsuber.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Suweet trip!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Dang Rhtfish and Jsuber I had no Idea that I was talking to ya'll. :smt103 I have feedback from my depthfinder on my Vhf on incoming that arent real strong and did not catch the names. Rhtfish thats a nice haul, Suber you catch any? :-D
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I was in a kayak with a 5-watt handheld and 4 miles from you. Funny thing is I can hear Jacksonville traffic on the bounce. I did catch fish, reds and trout, and we caught them on One Knockers on topwater and a few on ADL Pink 1/4 oz weedless spoons. I think you were telling me you were over near Rock Island.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

jsuber wrote:I was in a kayak with a 5-watt handheld and 4 miles from you. Funny thing is I can hear Jacksonville traffic on the bounce. I did catch fish, reds and trout, and we caught them on One Knockers on topwater and a few on ADL Pink 1/4 oz weedless spoons. I think you were telling me you were over near Rock Island.
Yeah and we went almost to Spring Warrior looking for fish. Did not get the 1st one till 11:30.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

OK... First of all H-n-M, that is a very nice catch and a good report. :thumbup: :D NOW... you are absolutlely disgusting (imo) :o . Any body who has kept the inside of their boat in such condition that you can see the fish reflected in the sides when they'r lined up on the bottom of the boat needs ta get a LIFE!! :-D One more time... Great job.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".