Lot of views, not many posts

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Lot of views, not many posts

Post by onefishtwofish »

Why so many readers and not so many posters? Are there that many lurkers around here that won't make comments and discuss stuff? C'mon, register already.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Quixote

Re: Lot of views, not many posts

Post by Quixote »

I think it's pretty much par for the course to have more views than comments. However, of late, there have been more WAY off topic post than fishing post. I hear the powers that be are thinking of a name change for the forum: Big Bend Whatever is On Your Mind forum.
hokiega

Post by hokiega »

Here's my take and I'm glad you brought it up. This site is obviously the best for what those who sign on are looking for, just compare to the inactivity on the other sites. It does seem, though, that there are alot of posts like yours that get no response. I remember one not long ago from someone who was planning on going to Steinhatchee and asked for reports and help and got 0 responses. Of which I was one of those 0, I admit, though I don't fish Steinhatchee and alot on the site do. I don't think it's so much lurkers as people who obviously know each other and only respond to each other's reports and posts.
I enjoyed reading the report from Casey Cook on the tournament. That was the best report on this site for a long time. Those are the postings that I came to this site for, and like you said, they are few and far between now. Those are the reports that I try to put on here, lures, temps, times, tides, etc. I don't care about putting the info out there; I don't have any secrets and it's not rocket science. I read the reports not to find out where everyone else goes and what they do exactly but to hopefully say, "lots of good reports from Econfina, let's go Thursday."
My 2 cents, I'll be at Keaton next weekend and post a detailed report of crowds, too many Bud Lights, and a boat that keeps shocking me when I reach over and put my hand in the water. Anyone know what's doing that to me?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

LOL Guys. I frequent a ducking site in the "other" season and it is the same. Just trying to get some activity goin. It is wise to not give too many details, but like ya said, it ain't rocket science either. Anyhow, sorry for the thread, it is off topic too. I was just wonderin.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Tbnole asked for fishing tips and got 17 replies. :thumbup:
http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =1&t=25627
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

No offense BBG, you post up trip reports, but I really dont mean the tell all trip report or the how do I catch fish post. The best reports have very little specific info in them. It's in there, tide/time/depth etc.. but it's not the point of the report. I'm talking about the good story and to some extent the pictures. There are many of the old school guys you just dont't hear much from anymore. TinCan, birddog, reelslow,noleflyfisher,barhopr,Chalk,Cassiecook, Jsuber, the callahan bros....all used to post up some fine and entertaining stories. Those guys loved fishing too much to just give it up, so what happened?
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

bwaaaaaaaaa barhopr don't fish mama want let em
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

hmaadd29 wrote:bwaaaaaaaaa barhopr don't fish mama want let em
I keep telling him he needs to give me all of his fishing gear he never uses it.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Quixote wrote:No offense BBG, you post up trip reports, but I really dont mean the tell all trip report...the best reports have very little specific info in them...I'm talking about the good story and to some extent the pictures.
Ok, got you... sorry all my reports suck. :-D
Last edited by big bend gyrene on May 22nd, 2010, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I know I don't qualify as one of the "old school guys," only been a member since 2002, with only 1,961 post. You have to go fishing to post a fishing report. Sad to say I havn't been in a while. Old school or new school, this is still without a doubt the best fishing site around. I've fished with a good many of it's members and they are without a doubt some of the best folks I've ever been in the boat with. When in the boat we might talk religion, we might talk politics, or women, or booze, heck we might even talk about fishing sometimes. Same with this site. Just skip over the topics you don't like and read the ones you do. That's all I got to say about that.

salute2
Semper Fi
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Hmmadd- I fish as much as you do hoss.
and Jadams- for a fella with no boat I must admit....you do a lot of fishing I give you that but you're not getting any of my gear besides, you've broken it all.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

A lot of reports go unreported anymore because.......the reporters couldn't go back to the spots they spent hours and hours scouting without finding a half dozen boats on them.
They then had to go 50 miles in either direction and start over finding new fish.
Some people don't rely on reports.
They do what a boat did today to us.
Ride by and see you go for the net,then shut down 1 cast behind you and start fishing.
:-D We boated the catfish gave each other high 5 and left in a hurry.
Wonder if they caught anything there?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Well if any of ya'lll see me in a Ranger Cayman behind a green F250, walk over and say hey. It is nice to put a face with a name. the boat ain't named yet. The One fish two fish has been sold to my brother. If you talk to him, don't use big words, he's special. :)
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

"A lot of reports go unreported anymore because.......the reporters couldn't go back to the spots they spent hours and hours scouting without finding a half dozen boats on them."

I don't think a report needs to be that specific to be fun to read. Most folks don't want the details of the spot, just the funy stuff and some pics of the fish are cool for me to read on here.
I am a duck hunter and trust me brother, I have learned over my 20+ years of hunting in these parts to keep tightlipped with the details. The fun is in finding the ducks/fish.
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

Barhopr wrote:Hmmadd- I fish as much as you do hoss.
and Jadams- for a fella with no boat I must admit....you do a lot of fishing I give you that but you're not getting any of my gear besides, you've broken it all.
I still have the john boat and the mighty 15hp Johnson, that does good for small water, but I don't think she is ready for the big salt water. You still have the 6wt. I can let you borrow it if you ever get back into fishing. :-D :pop_1