2 stroke 115 suzuki ... help wanted

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bigphishy

2 stroke 115 suzuki ... help wanted

Post by bigphishy »

anyone want to make a quick buck.... i need some work done on my motor, its a 99 115 2 stoke suzuki outboard. my reverse recently went out and also could use some anuall maintenance, so if uou have experience with suzukis or just know about outboards in generall give me a shout ....850-294-2010
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: 2 stroke 115 suzuki ... help wanted

Post by wevans »

Are you sure it went out? Have you tried shifting it into reverse by hand, at the motor? Sometimes a linkage will slip or something will come loose up top!

Welcome to the site :smt006 :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
bigphishy

Post by bigphishy »

no i haven't... i will check it out when i get home..... what and where should i be looking for something loose "up top" . and i could still use someone to take a look at a few other things, thanks for the advice tho
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Just follow the cables, where they enter the motor, it's easiest when there are two people, have the cowling off the motor and have the other person shift into forward while you watch the cable and the shifter. The throttle will move also, after shifting into forwaed, have them shift to reverse "you may have to run the motor on the ears while doing this" when the shifter stops, try pushing it a little further and see if it goes on into gear, while doing all of this you should be watching all of the cable connecting points for loosness or forwrd/backward movement :beer:

PS: If the motor is running, be danged arefull of the prop, it will cut ya quick :smt012
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

St. Marks marine has a Suzuki certified mech on duty
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

wevans wrote:
PS: If the motor is running, be danged arefull of the prop, it will cut ya quick :smt012
Do I hear the voice of experience?
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Not me :-D my danged drunk nephew :smt011 sharp rotating blades and :beer: don't mix to well :hammer: