NFGFC June Tourney Results Pres. by South Ga. Outdoors

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

caseycook

NFGFC June Tourney Results Pres. by South Ga. Outdoors

Post by caseycook »

The club's fourth tournament of the year was held in Port St. Joe and 43 anglers showed up ready to fish. We had beautiful blue skies and a nice breeze, but it was H-O-T for sure. At the end of the day, the team of Rick Bushatz, Brad Castleberry and Dalton Bushatz took home tournament gold as they weighed a five fish stringer at 12.58 lbs. Their victory earned them $180. Their big fish, also the big fish of the tournament, weighed 4.76 lbs and won them an additional $180. As if that wasn't enough, the talented trio won the Kevin's big flounder pot with a 1.56 lb flounder. Finally, junior angler Dalton got on a school of monster sea robin and his .06 lb Sea Robin won the Badcock and More Mystery fish prize worth $200. Congrats to Rick, Brad and Dalton.

Second place was won by the team of Casey Cook, Pat Irwin and Ashley Mock. Team "He Hate Me" weighed in five fish tipping the scales to 12.10 lbs. Their second place finish earned them $110.

Third place was won by Steve "Jumptrout51" Taylor and Jeremy "Grizzly" Adams. Their five fish stringer weighed in at 10.46 lbs winning them $70. Steve also caught the Custom Detailing 2nd place big trout award worth an additional $25.

The redfish pot went to the redfish with the most spots and Brian Showman had a 6 spot, 23" red which narrowly edged out the five spotter weighed by Jay Evans and Heath Sanders. Brian's red won him $250. NFGFC members were also allowed to weigh redfish towards the Matthew's Fishin' Styx big redfish of the year prize and Tad Davis took the lead with his 6.93 lb St Joe Bay redfish.

Special thank you to Heath Sanders and the rest of the gang at South Georgia Outdoors for their sponsorship of the tournament. We gave away some great raffle prizes including two rod and reel combos, a Shimano Curado, and all kinds of Yeti Cooler swag. The club encourages you to shop at SGO for all your outdoors needs.

Our next tournament will be July 10, 2010 out of Jerry's Bait and Tackle. There will be more details posted on BBF and the club website in the near future.

Full field results are below:
Team Big Trout (lbs) Number of Fish Total Weight (lbs) Points
Name
Rick Bushatz Brad Castleberry Dalton Bushatz (Youth) 4.76 5 12.58 100
Casey Cook Pat Irwin Ashley Mock 3.33 5 12.1 99
Steve Taylor Jeremy Adams 4.47 5 10.46 98
Chuck Collins Jeff Trent Austin Trent 2.19 5 9.08 97
Heath Sanders Jay Evans 2.8 5 8.86 96
Katie Showman Brian Showman 2.31 5 8.85 95
Tanner Collins Roman Jones Tommy Moore (NM) 2.18 5 8.81 94
Steve Stinson Andrew Stinson (Youth) Steve Goodwin 3.41 5 8.79 93
Michael Aman 2.98 5 8.75 92
Jeff Rainey George Goodson 2.31 5 8.13 91
Tommy Thompson Huey Collins Will Thompson (NM) 2.03 5 7.9 90
Huck Finn Kathy Knauss (Lady) Steve Hobbs 2.23 4 5.9 89
Jared Singletary Adam Clark (NM) Luke Johnson (NM) 1.78 4 5.88 88
Chris Lewis Jeff Pettis 1.96 3 4.93 87
Tad Davis Bradley Rodger (NM) 2.09 3 4.81 86
Matthew Jacobs Robbie Bearden 1.48 3 3.77 85
Jerry Bush Susie Bush John McLaurin 1.77 2 3.01 84
Boom goes the dynamite.
mpa_72001

Re: NFGFC June Tourney Results Pres. by South Ga. Outdoors

Post by mpa_72001 »

thanks to the sponsors and casey cook for putting on another good tournament.Thank you also to casey for helping me load my boat too when i got back in, i guess i should of loaded my cane pole and fished with jt :-? .My family had a good time enjoying the water at the beach and pool and i got to learn a lil my first time down there too.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Good tournament guys.
Thank you South Georgia Outdoors for all the fine prizes.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
k8show

Post by k8show »

Thanks Heath and South Georgia Outdoors! Rods, reels, hats, T-shirts, sunglasses--everyone at weigh-in won something!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

We had a great time and stayed to fish Sunday morning as well. Andrew's comments to me after two full days of fishing...."Dad, this place is great. We gotta come back here!"

Thanks to South Ga. outdoors for Andrews new Costa's. He tried them out on Sunday mornings fishing excursion and claimed to see more fish that a tourist at Sea World.

- Steve Stinson
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Congrats guys. Sorry I missed it.

JT. Pick an evening to meet me at Shuckers this week to claim your $25 over some oysters and a few :beer: :lick:

Trouttrent can come too :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Had a great day and awesome time. Be glad CT lost that HOGG or we wud have had somebodys money! REally nice trout. Just think how big he'll be next year!! Great time CT as usual and helk of a job with the tourney folks!! :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR