June 11 and 13-Lighthouse

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

June 11 and 13-Lighthouse

Post by LucWilliams »

Fished out of the Lighthouse late Friday and early Sunday with my Dad. On Friday we got a 19 inch bluefish and then headed for our honey hole. I picked up a 28.5 inch red almost right away and then we got into the trout. I think we ended up with about 7 keeper trout, the biggest only going 19 inches. We also picked up a big sheepshead. Brought home 2 of the trout, the bluefish, and the sheepshead. Not bad for a short afternoon of fishing after my Dad got off work. When we came in, we could barely make it back into the canal at the lighthouse(even though low tide wasn't for another couple of hours and the wind was blowing the water into the canal). There were a couple other boats there that were not going to make it in. It is times like these that it is a good thing to only have a 16 foot alumacraft.

On Sunday we were on the water by about 6 30. Third boat to launch at the lighthouse. We saw tons of dead baitfish in the canal at the lighthouse, hoping that it wasn't oil related(don't think it could have been since we didn't see any dead fish outside of the canal). We headed straight for out spot and it was on when we got there. I got a 26.5 inch red that went into the livewell. Then i got a big sheepshead, into the livewell. My Dad lost one red and i lost another. Then i brought in a 28 inch red and successfully released it. Eventually i decided to release the 26.5 inch red I put in the livewell and he swam free. We picked up one more sheepshead and brought the two sheepshead home for dinner. Good day on the water, we were heading home by 10 30.

Fishing is good, get out there and fish while we still can!

I don't know how to post pictures, maybe someone can help me with that?

Lucas Williams
Williamsdad

Re: June 11 and 13-Lighthouse

Post by Williamsdad »

Nice report.

Now he doesn't even need me to post. Hope he continues to need someone to buy the shrimp for a while.
Just Fish
Site Sponsor

Post by Just Fish »

If you dont mind me asking, how deep are the sheephead? You catching them on the bars? Thanks
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Well done, Luc. You can't beat time on the water with Dad. You guys should think about fishing our club tourneys... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Williamsdad - the shrimp will turn into beer before too long. :D
Boom goes the dynamite.
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Just Fish-We caught the sheepshead in a deep hole up in a creek, same place the reds have been.

Casey-Hoping to fish some upcoming tourneys but we have lots of vacations coming up, will be exploring the surf over on the Atlantic side, not in the boat.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Thanks for the report Luc. Great fishing with your Dad ain't it. Just for your info Just Fish. Thursday I saw quite a few Sheephead in two foot of water on the oyster bars, just couldn't get them to bite what I offered. Needed some fidler crabs, Sheephead can't resist them.

salute2
Semper Fi
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Sweet. I was out there Sat and Sun. I didn't have much luck early Sat but Sun around 10:00 to 3:00 I was a little more successful. I was out as far as marker 2. I wonder if I was too far. I'm trying to figure out the area and don't know what depth I should fish.
The Back Porch