YES!!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CrispyFishin

YES!!

Post by CrispyFishin »

The president forced BP to establish a $20 bil fund for those hurt by spewing oil!

This seems much more honest than the "mission complete" speech from the aircraft carrier that the last president offered up...

As for me, I have legal standing as a purveyor of recreational activities in the Gulf of Mexico to have "legal standing" in my lawsuit against BP and friends. If any of you need a good lawyer, I've got you covered. Let's get em!
Work 'em silly Gators!!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: YES!!

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I think much more of BP than I do ambulance chasers.

I am sure all this work you wish to do for us will be Pro Bono.

That's all I got to say about that.

Dubble :smt011
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Kool-Aid media says they were "forced"......who knows what really transpired? The 100mil gesture towards all the people idled by the drilling moratorium won't go very far!
How much of the 20B will go to whoever administers the fund? Methinks we'll see some highly paid scapegoats!

Maybe you should consider trying to assist those poor folks actually put out of work!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I know people that have not been financially affected thus far by the oil spill that have been told by attorneys to provide the past 3 years of financial data and they guaranteed a BP check for them.
That to me is disgusting,not to mention dishonest.
I hope the attorneys and their false claims land them in jail.
Last edited by Jumptrout51 on June 16th, 2010, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

BP's first-quarter replacement cost profit was $5,598 million, compared with $2,387 million a year ago, an increase of 135%.
What is 20 Billion to a company that made $5,598 million in a quarter
$166 billion is $568 for every man, woman and child in the United States.
How much do you spend a year on fuel?

What does $20 billion get the average American - IMO higher fuel costs and taxes to pay for the clean up
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I know people that have not been financially affected thus far by the oil spill that have been told by attorneys to provide the past 3 years of financial data and they guaranteed a BP check for them.
That to me is disgusting,not to mention dishonest.
I hope the attorneys and their false claims land them in jail.

Amen!

Yep. now there will be folks that did and still can work on BP welfare. But what happens to them when the gulf recovers and the check runs out? I bet they will not go back to work, but to our taxpayer pockets. Soon, there will be no taxpayers left.

Dubble :smt010
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Chalk wrote:
BP's first-quarter replacement cost profit was $5,598 million, compared with $2,387 million a year ago, an increase of 135%.

What does $20 billion get the average American - IMO higher fuel costs and taxes to pay for the clean up
Dang that boy makes sense sometimes!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

CrispyFishin wrote: I have legal standing as a purveyor of recreational activities in the Gulf of Mexico to have "legal standing" in my lawsuit against BP and friends.

Fortunately, legal standing and legal merit do not go hand in hand.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Damn, NFF comes out of the shadows with the snappy retort.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

Sue sue sue. What the heck? I didn't think "Ambulance Chasers" were smart enough to fish!! This is what I think of this thread----->> :smt078
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

CF, I assume you are looking at the Subsistence Use section of 40 CFR as a means to make your "claim" against BP. You do realize that if BP doesn't pay, that claim is paid out of the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund (federal money). In essence, instead of sticking it to BP, you would be sticking it to the tax payers. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

What's worse, the oil or the slime that comes out with it? I'm just saying......
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

There are quite a few folks in Apalach that hand started drawing from the BP bank account.

That ain't right.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Chalk wrote:

I'll leave all them big numbers for the math guys :roll: Agree with you though Chalky :wink:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

CrispyFishin wrote:The president forced BP to establish a $20 bil fund for those hurt by spewing oil!

This seems much more honest than the "mission complete" speech from the aircraft carrier that the last president offered up...

As for me, I have legal standing as a purveyor of recreational activities in the Gulf of Mexico to have "legal standing" in my lawsuit against BP and friends. If any of you need a good lawyer, I've got you covered. Let's get em!
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

G-R-E-E-D, SMELL IT EVERYWHERE AROUND THE COAST, ESPECIALLY FROM LAWYERS.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt012 :smt012 :smt012 SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO