Space Coast News

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Space Coast News

Post by big bend gyrene »

Work's kept me insanely busy lately so no time to fish, post fishing reports, or chime in on various posts of interest.

Appreciating that the powers that be don't love political posts, I'm opting instead to share a science based story that relates to news directly impacting our Florida space coast and it's future. I shall offer no personal editorial comments or thoughts as I feel that the story more than speaks for itself. This said, I also wish to point out that I will not, and cannot be responsible for any follow-up comments offered by other board members.
:-D :lol: salute1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/spac ... -good.html
Last edited by big bend gyrene on July 9th, 2010, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
RED ZONE 48

Re: Space Coast News

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

Teach them to build good rockets so they can NUKE the U.S. form space , smart move oboma. THE CHANGE IS HERE , and some of you fool's voted for it.
beer thirty

Post by beer thirty »

My SIL voted for him based on what she learned on Saturday Night Live.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Hell, I wanna make em feel good also :o and I figure we could do that by sending them all ta be with their 70 virgins "girls or boys is the question" :roll: :-D :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The proposal angered Neil Armstrong and Eugene Cernan, the first and last men to walk on the moon.

Along with Jim Lovell, the Apollo 13 commander, they issued a statement denouncing the decision "devastating" and a plan that "destines our nation to become one of second- or even third-rate stature."
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Jumptrout51 wrote:The proposal angered Neil Armstrong and Eugene Cernan, the first and last men to walk on the moon.

Along with Jim Lovell, the Apollo 13 commander, they issued a statement denouncing the decision "devastating" and a plan that "destines our nation to become one of second- or even third-rate stature."
He can read??? :smt017 :-D
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

This story has been blown out of proportion. He's trying to improve relations with Muslims. There's no more to it than that.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

RED YAKKER, WHAT DREAM WORLD ARE YOU IN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA :smt006 salute2 SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

How do you improve a relationship with someone that thinks you should die?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
CrispyFishin

Post by CrispyFishin »

You know what rednecks and Muslims have in common?

They each have small segments of their own populations consisting of extremist wackos that ruin the heritage and identity of the whole group.
Work 'em silly Gators!!
big bend gyrene

big bend gyrene wrote:I shall offer no personal editorial comments or thoughts as I feel that the story more than speaks for itself.
On the being silent note, I changed my mind. :lol:

Red Yakker, you read the article? See Bolden speak? If so, how can you argue it's blown out of proportion? Let's take a look at Bolden's own account of Obama's mission guidance for NASA ...

"FOREMOST, he (Obama) wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science..."

Call me insane, but shouldn't the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's PRIMARYmission be something like... flight???... and maybe, just maybe... space exploration???

Crispy Fishin, the redneck comparison isn't valid. Small segment my arse. I don't see multiple nations embracing fanatical "redneckism", teaching it in public school systems, and having heads-of-state preaching on the merits of catfish noodling, monster trucks, and moonshine (all things I've admittedly enjoyed). ;-) On the other hand, let's look at the muslims. The Saudi's have indoctrinated a generation of fanatic students (many whom coordinated & participated in 9/11) by teaching wahhabism to all children. I see the leader of Iran, Ahmadinejad, speak of desires for his nation to destroy the Jewish state of Israel and to humble the West, especially the US, at least once a week. If you think multiple nations with millions upon millions of citizens are "small" segments, must be something that takes a "Go Gata!" education to appreciate. :smt005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A[/video]
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

BBG you don't get it, the fact you were willing to die for the country they hate and want to destroy doesn't just make you right.
The fact I and many others agree with you doesn't make you right. It depends on perspective where you were born, how you were raised what you experianced.
Had you been born and raised in the Bahamas France China Korea NYC or in the hills of Kentucky your perspective would be different.
For those of you that don't like America, no problem, get the hell out for twenty years, and when you get back let us have your suggestions on how to improve our country.
Till you have some skin in the game, suck it up we that do think your input is a waste of our time and just plain stupid.

Semper Fi
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
big bend gyrene

What a mess wrote:BBG you don't get it, the fact you were willing to die for the country they hate and want to destroy doesn't just make you right.
The fact I and many others agree with you doesn't make you right. It depends on perspective where you were born, how you were raised what you experienced.
Semper Fi
Actually appreciate you're 100% right, WAM. Just saddens me, as it sounds like it does you, that we no longer are a nation committed to our own self-preservation, be we liberal or conservative. Pretending that masses of others don't hate us for the simple fact we live in a country free from strict islamic law and pretending that there aren't foreign-led government efforts dedicated to killing ALL that don't bow to Allah is just plain suicide. No way to guarantee that as a Christian I may not be wrong and islamic worshipers right, but big difference is that I don't go to a church that preaches hate against others 24/7. Those that believe many islamic nations don't do that exact thing really should read up on the history of Saudi Arabia and the indoctrination of their citizens through wahhabi teachings.

Semper fi indeed, Brother. salute1