Keaton Beach

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

esingleton1

Keaton Beach

Post by esingleton1 »

I am new to the forum. I have never finished Keaton Beach and alot of people that I talk with in Albany, Ga area fish there. My question to the forum is What is the water like are there oyster bars and rocks? If so can you follow channel out and fish the flats with no probs.
PerryFisherMan
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach

Post by PerryFisherMan »

The Keaton Beach area is boat friendly with respect to rocks and oyster bars. There are some rocks in front of Dark Island (just to the south), and several miles north when you get to the Yates Creek area. There are a few oyster bars close to the grass in a few areas, but they are few and far from each other. If you see a white PVC post stuck anywhere, go around it. You can just go out of the canal until you have enough water to turn left or right, depending on your boat's draw.
Spot on

Post by Spot on »

Welcome aboard and one thing to remember at Keaton when you are leaving the canal stay to the pier side of the rock buoy and hug the pier all the way to the end. I have watched several boats cut straight across and find out what that buoy is there for. Once you get out of Keaton channel turn north to find stained water (up a couple miles) and south to find clear water, just what ever you like to fish.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Keaton has it all. Easy channel to run on any tide, (follow Spot On's advice and stay close to pier.) Rock piles to the south near Dark Island. Lots of creeks close by. Oyster bars north. Lots of grass flats. Bird racks. Good boat ramp, or lift if you don't want to soak your trailer. Good bait and tackle store. Swimming beach for kids. Large sand bar for partying (Grassy Island). Motel. pretty much anything you need. :thumbup:

salute2
Semper Fi