Red hot morning action... full report to follow

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Red hot morning action... full report to follow

Post by big bend gyrene »

Fellas, today, Friday the 23rd day of July 2010, was one helluva day to be out on the water.

Haven't recovered/drunk enough to let the words flow for a full report, but will share that the bite was red hot all morning long. The afternoon bite was not so hot. Seemed every fish in the sea was in a feeding frenzy this morning.

Full report to follow, but if the nice weather holds for at least a day or two more might want to consider going if you can. Maybe all the fish will be full, but I'm headed out again in the morning to try for round 2! :-D
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
sundown
Site Sponsor

Re: Red hot morning action... full report to follow

Post by sundown »

It was red hot out there yesterday (afternoon) all right ! Grassy, hot, but we did catch a few trout in about 12' of water. Nothing at all yesterday morning. Went up Stoney as soon as enough water came in but not a fish... Anyhow, October is around the corner.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

What a tease. I'm looking forward to full report.
The Back Porch
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Thanks for the "Marine" forecast, BBG. :thumbup: NOAA's nautical forecast kept me off the water today (but you know how that goes). :smt012 You've got me salivating for Sunday though. salute1
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I wrote a reply this morning but........where is it?

We went to Keaton yesterday. Sundown must be a heck of a good fishermen! We fished from the #2 Birdrack all the way to Spring Warrior from 3 feet to 10 feet of water. Fished with everything from cut bait, pinfish, gulp, soft baits and spinners. Would have thrown a plug but couldn't get through the floating graass.

Wife caught nothing! I caught trash: catfish, small black bass and one tiny, tincy trout near Billy's hole at Yates Creek. Would have gone to his oyster bar but thought it better to get our Joh-boat for that kind of work.

The water temp. was 92 and the air temp. a cool 101.

Seas were very nice, only a ripple but when the breeze stopped we cranked up for a ride.

It takes alot to give this report but we came back SKUNKED!

Had a good day. Something about being on the water makes for a good day!

Can't wait for your FULL report!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP