Ecofina 9/25

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Ecofina 9/25

Post by yardman32317 »

Put in at 7 am from the park ramp and paddled out to Possum Island. Storms off shore looked threatening but after putting in a call to Capt Mike McNamara he confirmed they were well off shore and moving West. Water and wind was pretty calm. Worked my was west along the creeks and didn't find much. After traveling a fews miles west I was able to get up into on the creeks before the tide fell too far out. And that's where I realized what everyone was talking about, fish the creeks! After about 6 casts I was able to land a nice 23 inch red on a super spook mullet. By that time it was almost low tide and I had to get out of there. A friend who was fishing one creek over was able to land a 20 inch red. He and his girlfriend had to let several undersized trout go. One the way back I went out to 3 feet of water and a nice cobia hit my spook. Unfortunately it broke my leader but the fight was great. Only real loss was my lure. Paddled a little further and started throwing a jig with a shrimp and netted a 20 inch red. After letting that one go I headed back for the ramp as the weather was starting to turn. All in all a great day of fishing the flats. Total distance 9 miles.
Sua Sponte
RLTW
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina 9/25

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

need pics....:thumbup: :thumbup:
yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Post by yardman32317 »

Here's a picture of the red that I kept. Still working on taking pics while on the water in my kayak.
Sua Sponte
RLTW
mraquatics

Post by mraquatics »

Good fishing Yardman, I ended up blackening mine with a 7 part spice - DELICIOUS! :lick: I still cant believe the bull head on that one in the pic there. Looks so weird.
Last edited by mraquatics on September 27th, 2010, 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Cobe on a Super Spook would great.
Congrats on the reds and not having to paddle far.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
mraquatics

Post by mraquatics »

I am having trouble posting a pic. Is this not allowed on replies? Suggestions?
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"