Fish up the rivers?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fullback24

Fish up the rivers?

Post by fullback24 »

I've been up in virginia all semester and have yet to wet a line this semester. Needless to say, I've got the fever. I was just wondering if the fish have moved up in the creeks and rivers yet with the cold yall have been having.
"If people concentrated on the reel important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing poles"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Fish up the rivers?

Post by Salty Gator »

Yes
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Yes. But I'm curious if this rain is going to push them back out... Hopefully, I'll be able to find out tomorrow.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Good little bit of rain today, supposed to be some more tomorrow. I predict the fresh water will help push em out of the rivers and creeks and onto the deeper, warmer flats for the next couple of days. If the sun comes on out Sunday like it's supposed to, hopefully it'll warm up some of the shallower flats with sandy spots and oyster bars and that's where they'll be, stacked up and anxious to feed.

If the sun doesn't come out until too late in the afternoon on Sunday and it doesn't warm up the shallow flats, I'd either try up a creek with some deep holes, or out on some deeper flats, depending on how much more rain we get.

With 70% chance of rain, I'm not planning on even trying tomorrow.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

red_yakker wrote:With 70% chance of rain, I'm not planning on even trying tomorrow.
meowwww. Matty and I will be chasin' ducks in the morning. Reds either in the afternoon or Sunday. Give me a call. We may be in your neck of the woods :roll:
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
bman

Post by bman »

SHOWBOAT wrote:
red_yakker wrote:With 70% chance of rain, I'm not planning on even trying tomorrow.
meowwww. Matty and I will be chasin' ducks in the morning. Reds either in the afternoon or Sunday. Give me a call. We may be in your neck of the woods :roll:
:lol: :lol:
I'll be out there after the duxs... wet or dry :D
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
fullback24

Post by fullback24 »

Alright thanks guys. Just bought my own boat so I can stop stealing my dad's. Its time to get out there.
"If people concentrated on the reel important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing poles"
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Rain over the weekend didn't move the trout. I fished saturday and monday with consistent action both days. Weeded through two hundred small trout but did manage a couple limits of sixteen inch keepers. Just throw any plastic in the box and they will hit it.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

I ended up going on Saturday despite the rain predictions, and it was a picture perfect day (as far as the weather). We were around Spring Warrior. Started on the shallow flats around oyster bars in water that was black as coffe. No luck, Not a bite. Went deeper, no luck. Anchored up on a blackfish hole, no luck. Went even deeper (maxed out around 10 feet) no luck. The water was nasty everywhere we tried. Thought about running south to cleaner water, but didn't have time to make the long run and be back up Yates creek before the tide left, so we went up a different creek to look for redfish with no luck. (found out later my buddy had just left that same creek about the time I got there. He had filled up his cooler with mullet throwing a cast net. No wonder I couldn't find a redfish.) Ended up going home with no fish. First time I've been skunked in a couple of years :( . That same buddy said he ended up running south to cleaner water and did really well with the trout. Guess I should have taken my own advice.
Rainman wrote:Rain over the weekend didn't move the trout. I fished saturday and monday with consistent action both days. Weeded through two hundred small trout but did manage a couple limits of sixteen inch keepers. Just throw any plastic in the box and they will hit it.
Rainman, was that up a river? Which one? I blamed my lack of success on too much fresh water, but if they were up the river, that blows my theory out of the water.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Trout and Reds are all up in the "O" river and probably are up all the others along the coast also :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

Anyone have a report catching them in the Econfina river? I wanted to fish this area but may go to the hatch thursday.
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

St. Marks river is where I've been going.
Just Fish
Site Sponsor

Post by Just Fish »

Wevans, I hit black creek hard on Friday and didnt get a single bite. I guess I was just too far up the river :) Should have went to chairs creek instead.
jhults7

Post by jhults7 »

Loaded in the st marks..ill post a report in a lil bit..caught a 3 man limit last sunday up that way......