Quantum reels

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rgharris83

Post by rgharris83 »

I'm really interested in buying a nice quantum baitcasting reel. I haven't had much experience with baitcasting reels or quantum but heard great things about the product. Anybody have suggestions on a reel? I was looking at the new Accurist PT reel but I've heard mixed things about those. Since they haven't been out long I'm looking for more input..........
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

RG:

I've had good luck with Quantum reels. I currently fish the MG 310s and several Quantum Spinning Reels in both fresh and salt water. Also have had good luck with Quantum Irons. Good reels for the money.

seatrout99
rgharris83

Post by rgharris83 »

Where do you guys shop for your reels? I've got my bass pro mag. but I was hoping to look at some around town. Nobody but wal-mart carries them and they only had two models I haven't heard of.
Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by Wil »

If you don't need the reel right away, then just start checking eBay periodically. If you're patient, you can get the reel you want for a lot less than you'll pay for it at the store.

Wil
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Cabelas, Bass Pro, Walmart, E&B/WEST. Sometimes you can find GREAT deals on good quality reels and rods. As far as internet or mail order goes, I've had good luck with Cabelas and Bass Pro. They are both exremely helpful, and never left a question unanswered.

Seatrout99
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

For inshore fishing, I've had good luck with the Penn 4200ss. It's light and holds up well. Most of what I catch are speckled trout and an occasional redish, and the 4200ss with a light, fast tip rod makes for a good combination for me. Does Quantum make a light reel comparable to the Penn 4200ss? How much is it?
Always open to new suggestions/products.
OD