FISHING ST MARK AND WAKULLA SATURDAY

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DAVE

FISHING ST MARK AND WAKULLA SATURDAY

Post by DAVE »

Anyone got a feeling on where the fish well be this week end around the St Marks and Wakulla rivers? It’s a lot colder and we have not had as much rain. I heard last week end where the two rivers meet was doing pretty good for trout. I could not find anything up the St Marks but did find some keeper reds and sheep heads up the Wakulla. Oh yeah and we caught lady fish all day, I thought they were Tarpon, JUST PLAYING
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Re: FISHING ST MARK AND WAKULLA SATURDAY

Post by jsuber »

Powerplant
DAVE

Post by DAVE »

so i went out on the two rivers and was not able to find any fish. Accidently caught a nice bass in the Walulla river and a few lady fish. Low tide was @ like 600am and i started fishing around 7 am till 4 pm. Does anyone have any insight to where the fish are. Are there just some days where you just can not catch fish ? Did anyone find any fish on Saturday around the rivers?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

a buddy of mine caught @100 north of power plant & south of newport sat. dont know how many were keepers
joeglisson

Post by joeglisson »

Don't feel bad about not finding the fish. I've fished the St. Marks from the power plant to above Newport for 5 years and have not caught one trout or redfish. I have found some Sheepshead on the Wakulla but the St. Marks has skunked me everytime. I guess you have to just keep looking. :D