Apalachicola Bay Area Boating

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fighting Conch
Site Sponsor

Apalachicola Bay Area Boating

Post by Fighting Conch »

Well its winter, I have two bad knees and I find myself sitting around a lot looking at the computer so I started playing with Google Earth and my GPS and managed to map many of my boating trips over the past couple of years.

I have been very fortunate to have a generous friend who (until recently) had a place on St. George Island which allowed me chance to explore the local waters. My boat is not much - a 13.5' Boston Whaler with a 1981 hull and a newer 40 horse Yamaha - but that has never held back my curiosity about what is ahead. Apalachicola Bay / St. George Sound is amazingly large and diverse and for sure I have just scratched the surface.

For starters here is a composite image of my trips, unless it gets boring for folks over coming weeks I will zoom in to different areas with photos of my favorite places. The colored lines depict the different tracks, there is a good bit of overlap along some of my main routes.
Attachments
Apalachicola 2009-2010.jpg
Apalachicola 2009-2010.jpg (100.21 KiB) Viewed 952 times
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: Apalachicola Bay Area Boating

Post by tin can »

Looks like you've covered quite a bit of the area. I see you've been through all the tributaries into Apalachicola Bay, to include the big river, the Jackson River, all the way to Wimico. I'll be down there next weekend trying to catch a green trout.
What was I supposed to do today?