1st trip of the year St Marks 1/29/11sat

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

1st trip of the year St Marks 1/29/11sat

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Got to St Marks around ten and pulled in StMarksOutfitters to get some shrimp. He did not have any but called Shields to see if they had any. What a great guy, he even showed me some good places to go. I bought some tackle and went to get the shrimp then off to the fort.Image It was beautiful out today with my son ans a friend. We went up past the power plant looking for fish but found only other boats. Ran into Parrothead and thanks to a tip from him I caught the only fish we caught today(an 8" trout). Went out towards the Wakulla and got safety checked by the man, he was nice and professional, I got a warning for not having a throwable pfd. Fished some bars with no luck and headed past the fort again back up river.(saw some huge sheephead but no bites) Idling along past the marina and my Opti sputtered and died. It would crank and barely limp back to the dock. Ran into Demon at the dock as we were pulling out. Got home and cleaned the boat,then popped of the moter cover, and this is what I found.ImageImageQuestion is can I simply by the belt and put it on? Or does a mechanic have to do it? Thanks hope everyone else had a better day.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: 1st trip of the year St Marks 1/29/11sat

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Not only put it on yourself,put a spare in the boat.(With tools of course.)
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Like others, I got a late start today myself. I hit the Fort around 0930 and got the chance to meet Demon today as well (it was a pleasure meeting you). I was trying to catch a grouper before the season closed. Unfortunately, the only grouper I managed to catch was a short gag. I did land a very nice redfish (lil over 26) out on the Rotary using squid. That was a first for me. That red hit the George Foreman this evening with a bed of yellow rice.
I did see two different boats flyling "diver down" flags today, I guess some folks were dead set on going. The weather was absolutely beautiful. The wind did pick up around 2:30 off-shore, but the ride in was great. Hope everyone else had a great day as well. Scoop
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Not only put it on yourself,put a spare in the boat.(With tools of course.)
I will get 2 belts for sure. What other than the alternater does that belt turn? I'm not much of a mechanic. :-D
Parrothead

Post by Parrothead »

Good to meet ya and glad to give ya the tip. Sorry about the motor. Brint and the guys @ Sheilds could hand and would have fixed it in a matter of minuites.I usally launch and buy bait there,have been for years. When ya get it fixed we'll see ya next time.
Parrothead
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Parrothead wrote:Good to meet ya and glad to give ya the tip. Sorry about the motor. Brint and the guys @ Sheilds could hand and would have fixed it in a matter of minuites.I usally launch and buy bait there,have been for years. When ya get it fixed we'll see ya next time.
I always like to meet people from here. And thanks again for the tip. I was so disgusted with the moter I did not look till I got home. Demon's son helped me at the dock to load.(Thanks guys) I was thinking fuel issue that would not be a fast fix. Did ya'll end up with any more fish?
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Good to meet you Hit-n-miss. Sorry about the broken belt. Glad my first mate could be of help. Also, good to meet Scoop Sea. We ended the day with a baker's dozen of a mixed bag of reds, spotted and silver trout. Only one keeper (trout) out of the bunch.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

DEMON wrote:Good to meet you Hit-n-miss. Sorry about the broken belt. Glad my first mate could be of help. Also, good to meet Scoop Sea. We ended the day with a baker's dozen of a mixed bag of reds, spotted and silver trout. Only one keeper (trout) out of the bunch.
Nice to meet you and thank's again. I was glad that it's a belt and not a major issue. You keep the Silver trout? No size or limit on them and they eat good. What they feed on for you?
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Funny you asked about the silver trout. I knew they existed but I've never actually caught one around here until today. I caught the first one as I drifted by two nearby boats. Couldn't remember if there was regs on them or not. After discussion with all boats within earshot, we all decided that there was indeed some size limit but not sure what. So, I had my first mate retrieve my regs publication out of the ziplock bag under the console and of course it is the only item in there that was soaking wet & totally unreadable. So, turns out you were the only one on the St Marks today that knew the silver regs. Of course soon as I got home I got on the net & checked the regs. Oh well, better to throw back than be sorry, huh.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:Not only put it on yourself,put a spare in the boat.(With tools of course.)
I will get 2 belts for sure. What other than the alternater does that belt turn? I'm not much of a mechanic. :-D
It runs the air pump for the fuel system too.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

had a great day out on the water as well, not alot of fish, but the weather was nice and so was the company. we had about 25 mixed trout only 2 keepers that just made it. the man said we were flirting with it, yeah got checked as well. Did meet some nice people on the water think one was demon and his son, i was the 14 grizzy all camo. yeah found out about the silver trout when the man told us we could have kept up to 100lbs. of well
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
It runs the air pump for the fuel system too.
No wonder it ran like crap and smoked so bad. When putting belt on are there any alignment marks that need to go a certain way or just stick it on? :smt102
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

kenfly wrote:had a great day out on the water as well, not alot of fish, but the weather was nice and so was the company. we had about 25 mixed trout only 2 keepers that just made it. the man said we were flirting with it, yeah got checked as well. Did meet some nice people on the water think one was demon and his son, i was the 14 grizzy all camo. yeah found out about the silver trout when the man told us we could have kept up to 100lbs. of well
I think you passed us when we were near Parrothead just past the powerplant. You never know when a member is right next to you. :-D
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

No marks. Just put it on.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?