Ethanol Question

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Ethanol Question

Post by Scoop Sea »

Is there an additive that you can buy that will help prevent the issues you may end up having by using ethanol gas in your boat moter (mine is a 2005 Yamaha 2-stroke 150)? I put a can of Seafoam in about every fill up, but I don't know if that really helps with ethanol issues or not. I paid about $4/gallon for non-ethanol gas two weekends ago and I figure there may be a more economical way to offset future issues related to ethanol. Any suggestions, etc. are appreciated. Thanks.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
What a mess

Re: Ethanol Question

Post by What a mess »

Several additives that are right for it I use blue stabil but there is supposed to be one even better.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

StarTron by Starbrite. Looks like Windex, works like a charm.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I use marine formula Stabil.
You can always come to the NFGFC meeting tomorrow night and here Capt. Chuck Simpson talk about marine equipment up keep. Or the May meeting when Fred Jones of Parkway Marine and his guest come and talk about a new formula that'll be n the market soon.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Yamalube fuel stabilizer. Good stuff, works good!
I have yet to see anything from Yamaha not work better than anything else in a Yamaha motor.
http://www.pitchengine.com/yamalubeengi ... on-/55182/
You can get it from Pete at Sunshine Boats and Motors 3464 Garber Drive Tallahassee, FL 32303 (850) 576-5134
FF
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks Guys for all of the advice.

RC: I need to make one of the NFGFC meetings, it seems like I am always out of town. Hopefully I can sneak up there tonight and make my first meeting.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Scoop Sea wrote:Thanks Guys for all of the advice.

RC: I need to make one of the NFGFC meetings, it seems like I am always out of town. Hopefully I can sneak up there tonight and make my first meeting.

We'll be there with plenty of raffle prizes. Bring yo honey & yo money!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I have heard a LOT of good things about this stuff :thumbup: but haven't used any yet :hammer: :beer:
http://www.crcindustries.com/phaseguard4/
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

this product interests me if it really works.... Be nice to not worry about where you fuel up.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I've seen the PhaseGuard commercials on TV during fishing show time slots all the time, but haven't read many reviews on any of the "other" forums
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Big believer in Stabil marine. Before using had one bad round of ethanol problems. After using the Stabil not a hiccup, and that's with outdoor storage, multiple long winter spells without running and even one night with the cap left off in a bad storm. Use it religiously, and add a bit more than called for if go long without a trip. Suspect trailering 16 miles to coast with stabil mixed in helps shake things up a bit for the good. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

big bend gyrene wrote:Big believer in Stabil marine. Before using had one bad round of ethanol problems. After using the Stabil not a hiccup, and that's with outdoor storage, multiple long winter spells without running and even one night with the cap left off in a bad storm. Use it religiously, and add a bit more than called for if go long without a trip. Suspect trailering 16 miles to coast with stabil mixed in helps shake things up a bit for the good. :thumbup: :beer:
Wonder how it'd work with a 100+ mile ride to the coast?
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Reel Cowboy wrote:Wonder how it'd work with a 100+ mile ride to the coast?

Mo' better! :-D
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

I try to put non ethanol in solely but cannot all of the time. I dont think I would have a problem as the most my boat sits is 2 weeks without getting used but I really dont want to hear that I have to clean out the injectors and fuel lines from the mechanic one day. If this stuff works, it would save me the pain of hunting non-ethanol and also probably save me some money. Would like to hear more...