Choctawhatchee Bay questions

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Choctawhatchee Bay questions

Post by onefishtwofish »

Anyone ever fish over that way? I am looking at a conference the first of June and they have all meetings done by noon. Leaving all afternoon to fish. They do have a charter for inshore fishing available, but I would really rather take my boat and just explore the area. The resort is near Horseshoe Bayou. I will have a 19' flats boat to fish with. It looks like a quick run around to Hogtown Bayou as well. As it gets closer I will get a depth chart to get more ideas, I just would like to know how the fishing is over in that neck of the world if anyone knows. West Bay of PC is the furthest I have ventured that direction. Thanks for any ideas.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Ty one on

Re: Choctawhatchee Bay questions

Post by Ty one on »

Don't know much about fishing that area.

But ask around and see what the latest is about replacing that 331 bridge over the bay. I've been waiting for that one for years.......... :beer:
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THE FISHING IN THE EAST BAY IS GREAT. HAVE BEEN OVER THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND HAVE LIMITED OUT EACH TIME AND CATCHING MANY SHORTS TO THROW BACK. WE PUT IN OVER ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE BAY AT THE INTERCOASTAL WATERWAY, I CAN NOT REMEMBER WHAT THE # OF THE ROAD IS, IT RUNS OFF 231 TO THE EAST DOWN TO RD. 98 WHERE IT DEAD ENDS. WE USED RED HEAD GLOW BODY GRUBS, CHARTRUICE SILVER FLEK, AND MIRROLURES 52M24 , BLUE BACK SILVER SIDES. TROUT WAS THE ONLY THING WE CAUGHT BUT WE CAUGHT A BUNCH OF THEM.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Action Craft Gator

Post by Action Craft Gator »

How did you do? I've caught quite a few reds and trout over there (I'm a Bay County guy...occasionally run the ditch just for different scenery). I've had good luck between the docks out of Rocky Bayou back to the east towards the point. That flat usually holds some nice pods of fat mullet with reds mixed in tight to the hill between and around those docks. I've also fished the east end of the bay north of the ICW and had decent luck there as well. I haven't really caught any stud slot fish, though...mostly that 4 - 5 pound range. Fun nonetheless.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

If I don't remember to sign up for the conference in a day or two, I am gonna miss it. It is in June

Thanks for the tips ya'll, I'll let ya know how it looks.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?