port saint joe info

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

PM3

port saint joe info

Post by PM3 »

Hey guys just joined the forum and was hoping I could get some info on where to catch some redfish at in saint joe bay. I've fished there a few times with not much luck. I'll be coming that way in a few week for a couple of days, any info will be greatly appreciated . Thanks.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: port saint joe info

Post by Steve Stinson »

We had our most recent NFGFC tournament over there a week ago, and I believe Capt. Ashley Mock (Warior on this forum) was the only one to weigh in a red. We did find a lot of large trout. If you want to send me an email at Steve@MSMincorp.com I can give you some more info.

It would help to know how shallow your boat will run / float as well.

Thanks -

Steve Stinson
President
NFGFC
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

Welcome to the forum!

I can't offer too much help with your specific question since I rarely fish that area. I have caught some beautiful trout fishing the flats near Black's Island. I'll bet there are others who can help. If all else fails, try working grass shorelines with a gold spoon or topwater.
PM3

Post by PM3 »

Hey guys sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the help. Steve I,ll shoot you my email shortly.
SmyrnaKid

Post by SmyrnaKid »

I have caught a few reds on top water from my kayak in eagle harbor (at the state park on san blas). Most have been working the grass patches in fairly shallow water.