Who decided to go anyway this weekend despite the forcast?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Who decided to go anyway this weekend despite the forcast?

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

We did not go but wondered if ended up still being fishable. What do you look at to determine whether to go or not? Looking at the Keaton weather station it was not much wind all day today. But thats not 2 or 3 miles offshore. Just wondering. :o
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Who decided to go anyway this weekend despite the forcas

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WE CANCELLED OUT FOR SAT. AND RESCHEDULED FOR MON. , NOW WE WILL HAVE TO CANCEL OUT FOR MON. AND TRY FOR THURS. MAYBE BY THURS. THIS WEATHER WILL HAVE CALMED DOWN WHERE WE CAN GET IN A LITTLE FISHING TIME.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
ddb

Post by ddb »

We fished inshore out of Keaton on Saturday. The wind was strong in the morning, a good storm passed through around noon that we had to sit out, then the wind came up in the afternoon but layed down later in the afternoon. Through it all we managed to pick up 14 trout, with some real good ones mixed in.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

We fished turkey point today and it was breezy. Picked up 7-8 keeper trout. Largest at 20", and 10-15 shorts. 15 or so reds all 16-18 ". Nothing to right home about, but beats sitting on the couch or worse, yardwork.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Sorry, write home about. I heard the grammar police were out. Maybe spelling police also?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Corrected just in time. :evil:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

We fished a tourney out of St. Marks yesterday, sponsored by St. Marks Outfitters. Needless to say, we got HAMMERED by a nasty storm that passed through just after 10am. Fortunately, we were in my buddy's 22' Proline and could handle the 5-7 footers that jumped up on us :o We even had 3 water spouts drop down within a few hundred yards of the boats. The rain was hitting us sideways and we were soaked to the bone before it was over. We even took a few over the bow :-? Definately one of the worst storms I've ever encountered on the water in 20 years. We still caught fish and took 1st for the tourney that yielded us $100 from Mike @ St. Marks Outfitters :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: All other proceeds went to benefit Summer Camp programs for the kiddies. The $100 was converted into 2 Sedona reels :-D
Last edited by dolphinatic on May 15th, 2011, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup: D'man.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Whew, dodged a bullet there. Congrats Tom, way to stick it out.
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

I fished Indian Pass on Sunday. Early on it looked like this when I was catching some of these
By 10 it looked like this. I also had a local fishing guide go out of his way to buzz by me and ask me if I wanted to race his flats boat.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Sorry that happened to you TT. Glad you caught some.
Went out to Oyster Bay with a friend Sunday. The wind was almost unbearable until around 10:30 when it became tolerable. By 12:30 it was time to head to the barn.
I caught 2 Spanish that were donated to my buddy's grill.
He caught this elusive monster on a Mackerel Tree trolled behind the boat.

A little later he was able to put a quality fish on the end of his line. As it was only a 1/4" over 18" he decided to release him to fight another day.
Home and boat cleaned by 1:30, just in time to take a nap.
FF
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Glad some of you got out and caught some fish. But what makes you say yay or nay on going?
mastercaster

Post by mastercaster »

Talltails wrote:I fished Indian Pass on Sunday. Early on it looked like this when I was catching some of these
By 10 it looked like this. I also had a local fishing guide go out of his way to buzz by me and ask me if I wanted to race his flats boat.
Did you know the guide?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:Glad some of you got out and caught some fish. But what makes you say yay or nay on going?
A plan !!
tallayakee

Post by tallayakee »

dolphinatic wrote:We fished a tourney out of St. Marks yesterday, sponsored by St. Marks Outfitters. Needless to say, we got HAMMERED by a nasty storm that passed through just after 10am. Fortunately, we were in my buddy's 22' Proline and could handle the 5-7 footers that jumped up on us :o We even had 3 water spouts drop down within a few hundred yards of the boats. The rain was hitting us sideways and we were soaked to the bone before it was over. We even took a few over the bow :-? Definately one of the worst storms I've ever encountered on the water in 20 years. We still caught fish and took 1st for the tourney that yielded us $100 from Mike @ St. Marks Outfitters :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: All other proceeds went to benefit Summer Camp programs for the kiddies. The $100 was converted into 2 Sedona reels :-D
when you say "we" and "us" in an individual man tournament, it raises questions of who caught what.