Seein' that...

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

woopty
Site Sponsor

Seein' that...

Post by woopty »

Near-shore grouper season closes at the end of the month...
Gas prices are dropping...
Calm seas predicted...
Hearing that yesterday could be our last day on earth...
It was a no-brainer to head out there...somewhere...
Launched at the lighthouse and headed SE to a favorite haunt of ours, and about 10 others, including a couple yaks.
Soon as we got there, we discovered live pins were the ticket...38" cobe in the cooler.
No pandemonium, but slow and steady, quality action until... if ya gotta have problems, we had the kind of fishin' problem you want to have...ran out of cooler space. Head home by 1pm to a smooth ride though a pile of folks enjoying the last day on earth on the water. I love our paradise.
We totally raptured...
2 cobia - 38" and 42"
2 gags - 24"

Gotta get a bigger cooler.
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: Seein' that...

Post by Harmsway »

Wow, man. :smt109
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

That's a great problem to have
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

Nice meeting you out there yesterday! After you left, I hooked a tiger shark that went at least 8 feet long. It came up, saw I was in a kayak, laughed at me for a couple minutes, and then with a couple good pulls and headshakes broke my line and went on its way.
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

Talltails wrote:Nice meeting you out there yesterday! After you left, I hooked a tiger shark that went at least 8 feet long. It came up, saw I was in a kayak, laughed at me for a couple minutes, and then with a couple good pulls and headshakes broke my line and went on its way.
Good to meet you too TT.
Wow, did ya get a good ride out of him?
What's next? Whaling?
I'll cya out there again.
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

DADGUMIT, Woopty! You ain't helpin' my cobia fever at all! :smt009 :smt010 Last year made double digit trips out for cobes, and this year... one solitary redfish afternoon in April. Business move kept me from going more and when I FINALLY get comfortable with business running well, wife tells me to get this and put it together this past weekend...

Entire time I'm assembling it, perfect cobe weather is KILLING me and lack of wind has horseflies biting me. :smt022 Only good news is my lil' girl loved it, making the missed trip(s) worthwhile.
:thumbup: :smt061 :smt060

Glad you got out there and found 'em. And on TT's tiger shark note, another bud of mine saw one this weekend and he wasn't out that far... seems like they're becoming a bit more common in our midshore waters.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Glad you got into them. I saw a big Bull shark cruising a shallow flat yesterday. Had to be at least 6'. He swam within 15' of my boat and when he noticed it, bolted away at great speed with a substantial wake.
On a lighter note, I caught my first Cobe in 8' of water on a gulp under a cork while fishing for Trout. As he was only 18" I let him go after taking his pic.

Getting a Tiger shark for any length of time has to be exciting. Scary if you are in a plastic boat that close to the water's surface.
FF