Ecofina 5/28/11

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina 5/28/11

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Daniel, my son and I got to the ramp around 6:30 and headed out. And were greeted with a beautiful sunrise.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usThe day got off to a pretty slow start with only 2 sea bass before 10:00 and our live pinfish were only catching sharks. Daniel's wife is having their second child soon and since this will be his last trip for a while we moved around a lot to try to get some fish in the box.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usEverywhere we went the water was clear and the sharks tore up our pinfish. Temps ran 78-80 degrees all day. My baitpole went down and I figured great another shark. :smt011 But no it was this. :-D Image
I felt good to finally get something in the box but could not get a trout. Meanwhile Daniel puts 3 trout in the box and my boy filled the bait well with pins. We threw every color we had at them but could never find the magic one. Tried to hail members on 14 and 16 but got no answers. So I am digging around in the tackle box and find one limetiger gulp jerkshad and joke about trying it. I do and this is the result.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usFollowed by 2 more in short order. Why is it you always seen to hit that right color right before you have to head home? Oh well, another great day on the water. And here is the result.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.usWound up with 7 trout, 3 bsb, 1 flounder, and 1 spanish.
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina 5/28/11

Post by jadams92002 »

Sounds like a good time!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: WTG, nice day on the water. I guess you got your motor fixed?
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

DixieReb wrote::thumbup: :thumbup: WTG, nice day on the water. I guess you got your motor fixed?
Actually the messed up motor is on Daniel's Key Largo. He has it torn down into a million pieces right now. The only problem I have had was a bad belt at the 1st of spring. Sounds like you made the best of rough conditions at Keaton. It started to get a little rough at Ecofina when we left at three.
Last edited by Hit-n-Miss on May 30th, 2011, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bman

Post by bman »

Nice box of fish... making me miss the water!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THAT LOOKED LIKE A VERY SUCCESSFUL TRIP TO ME, I HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES AND CAME HOME WITH A LOT LESS. YOU BOYS NEED TO ELIMINATE THOSE SHARKS WHEN YOU BRING THEM TO THE BOAT, IF YOU DO NOT , THERE WILL BE LESS AND LESS GAME FISH IN OUR AREA TO CATCH. BACK IN THE MID THIRTIES I CAN REMEMBER A TIME WHEN ALL YOU COULD CATCH WERE SHARKS, THE GOVERNMENT HIRED A FLEET OF JAPANESE BOATS TO COME OVER HERE AND CATCH AS MANY SHARKS AS THEY COULD ANY WAY THEY COULD, PEOPLE WERE AFRAID TO GO SWIMING BECAUSE THERE WERE TOO MANY SHARKS . MAYBE WE WILL WAKE UP AGAIN AND DECLARE WAR ON THE SHARKS AGAIN.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Good mess of fish. Good report. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

nice job, it is good to have a son to catch bait
my grandson would keep us in pins when is was younger , not any more now i have to keep him in bait now
when he can go
i will be going ouut this Friday AM ,more than likeley by my self
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blue spinner wrote:nice job, it is good to have a son to catch bait
my grandson would keep us in pins when is was younger , not any more now i have to keep him in bait now
when he can go
i will be going ouut this Friday AM ,more than likeley by my self
Catch em up.