June 15-Lighthouse

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

June 15-Lighthouse

Post by LucWilliams »

Fished with my partner Tyler today. We hit all my usual redfish holes in a certain area on the rising tide. Nothing to show for that half of the day as we only caught catfish, ladyfish, and stingrays. We made a run to another hole of mine and it was a little bit better. Tide was coming in hard and this made for a good setup. My partner hooked a fish that was giving him a decent fight but staying a little deeper, we were thinking it was probably a small shark. As it neared the boat, the decent fight turned into a submarine and took off, never to be seen again. Thinking that whatever he had must have gotten eaten by a large shark. I called my Dad at work to tell him about it and while i was on the phone I started getting a bite. Hung up in a hurry and set the hook. The fish made an initial run that was incredible. Probably ran for 30 yards without any sign of me turning it. It ran hard enought that I had my partner pull the anchor. Just as he did this I saw the fish come up and knew it was a good red. Continued the good fight and landed the 30 inch beauty. Released her to swim another day and started fishing again. My friend hooked into something else giving him a decent fight, but staying deep. He got it up to the boat and it was about a 2 foot shark. The shark didn't like the boat and was making a few runs away from it. As it came up right next to the boat, we witnessed a shark feeding. A shark that was probably 8 or 9 feet came up right next to the boat and made a meal out of this smaller shark. He had it hooked for a while but eventually just the head of the smaller shark came back to us. It was really incredible. We continued to fish but something tells me that this dramatic activity had a bit of an effect on our hole. We finished our bait about the time that the storms started brewing inland. It's always hard to tell which way these storms are gonna go so we headed to the hill. Got a little bumpy on the way in but nothing we couldn't handle. Fishin again tomorrow, I'll post if we get into em.

Williamsdad

Re: June 15-Lighthouse

Post by Williamsdad »

Great report, wish I was there.

Your "partner"? !!!!! I think we need to talk.

Your "partner" buys the shrimp, and the gas, and keeps the boat operational.

I'm sure you must have meant your fishing buddy?
mastercaster

Post by mastercaster »

nice bonethead head
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Busted !

Thanks for the report. I'll look forward to reading the next report
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Cool!
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

and just think we will be going for the scallops...with that big shark lurking ...
Last edited by lizbeth on June 17th, 2011, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pirate Girl
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Haha fishin buddy is definitely what I meant.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

He is going to college and hasn't learned a thing.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?