Sunday afternoon non-delight

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Sunday afternoon non-delight

Post by fishinfool »

Unfortunately there was no afternoon bite. Got to the ramp at 3:45. Was heading to my spot despite the unforcasted 10-15 kt winds from the S-SW. I was about a 1/2 mile from my honey hole when a 12" fiberglass Jon boat w/ 3 people on board flagged me down. Their motor was overheating and they needed a tow. Well, back to the ramp, delivered the castaways and headed out to the honey hole again. This time I only made it a little over halfway there and decided to try a creek I have never fished, only looked at on my way to Palmetto Island, Grey Mare Rock, etc...
No love at all!!! It looked very fishy in many places. I was throwing a spoon and my partner was throwing a CT/Gulp. I did pick up my top water rod 2/3 times and made an effort. This too met with no success.
There is always next time.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: Sunday afternoon non-delight

Post by onefishtwofish »

the bad days make the good ones seem better. Plus, time on the water does not count against your lifespan, so it is all gravy.!
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

Sorry you didn't catch anything. At least you made three lifetime friends.
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
manley
Site Sponsor

Post by manley »

Still better than a day at work. However, there is always a reason to take your wife fishing. ;)
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

"Still better than a day at work" :thumbup: Thanks for the report. :D
Fighting Conch
Site Sponsor

Post by Fighting Conch »

You did a good service for the broken down boat, the good karma will come back to you one day. Reminds me maybe 12 years back I smashed my lower unit into a rock near Grey Mare and a fellow in a bass boat towed me all the way to the Light House Ramp. He was quiet, the only thing he said was "That's why they call it the rock garden."