Econfina Rock

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Econfina Rock

Post by ugadawg »

Econfina is where I do all of my fishing at, and my boat runs shallow enough to miss the rocks. My dad's boat is a bit bigger and runs deeper. We took it out of econfina once a few years ago, and caught a rock with the motor on the way in. We were about a mile out from the tripod and a little bit west when we hit it. Unfortunately, we didn't think to save the spot on the gps. Its kinda hard to think straight as you are looking at an 8 inch crack in the bottom of your e-tec. Due to gas prices and the fact that econfina is the closest ramp, he is beginning to fish down there again. We were curious if anyone on here had seen the rock that we hit a couple years ago and if they might have some numbers on it. He'd prefer not to hit it again. If any of you have numbers for that rock and don't mind sharing them, we'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina Rock

Post by Redfin »

Good luck with that, thats like a needle in a haystack -
A low winter tide, and you would think you we're on standing on the moon out there with the rocks you get to see.
just haul ass, trim it up and hold on :D
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:stupid_1 salute1
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

You mean you hit ol' scar face? lol Man, if you saw that place at dead low tide, you would think you were in a mining camp waste area.

If you are scared, just say so. Oh and sure as hell don't go look at the Aucilla River at deal low tide or you will faint away!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

This is probably the one you hit. n30'01.581 w83'56.946 There is a cluster of rocks around it. Put a .2 mile proximity alarm around it and you will miss them. Also 2' of tide coming and going helps. Look out for the rock coming in right before the no wake zone. When you see the sign set down right then.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Just run until it sounds expensive, then mark it.
There are rocks all over that area but the fishing is good.

What's that saying and giving and taking away?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

There are rocks at Econfina?
What was I supposed to do today?
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

I want a boat like yours to miss the Rocks what do you have??????
ugadawg wrote:Econfina is where I do all of my fishing at, and my boat runs shallow enough to miss the rocks.
Warrior Inshore Charters
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Warrior wrote:I want a boat like yours to miss the Rocks what do you have??????

Kinda what I was thinking. But if we didn't hit any that one morning last year, I think the Xpress is pretty bullet proof.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

ugadawg wrote:Econfina is where I do all of my fishing at, and my boat runs shallow enough to miss the rocks.
Must be a helicopter boat! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

MudDucker wrote:
Must be a helicopter boat! :smt005
I was thinking hover craft.
What was I supposed to do today?
Fighting Conch
Site Sponsor

Post by Fighting Conch »

Y'all who boat out of the Econfina and Aucilla have my respect, those rocks are scary replacing one lower unit was enough for me.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

I guess I just keep telling myself that my boat runs shallow enough to miss the rocks. I've been out on some pretty low tides and haven't hit anything yet. I've hit a couple logs in the river, but no rocks yet. Thanks for the the numbers though. I'll pass them on to my dad.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

ugadawg wrote:I guess I just keep telling myself that my boat runs shallow enough to miss the rocks. I've been out on some pretty low tides and haven't hit anything yet. I've hit a couple logs in the river, but no rocks yet. Thanks for the the numbers though. I'll pass them on to my dad.
No problem
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

UGADAWG, CONSIDER YOURSELF VERY LUCKY, I HAD A GPS ROUTE OUT OF THE ECONFINA AND HAD USED IT FOR YEARS WITHOUT HITTING A THING, THEN ONE DAY LAST YEAR RIGHT ON MY GPS ROUTE BAM,BAM. $1,200 LATER I WAS ABLE TO GET BACK ON THE WATER. I SWEAR, I BELIVE THOSE THINGS MOVE AROUND. MY BOAT IS A ALUM. STARCRAFT BAY BOAT BUT DOES NOT DRAW BUT ABOUT 8 INCHES OF WATER, THE KICKER IS DOWN 18 INCHES BELOW THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT, THIS MEANS I HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 26 INCHES OF WATER TO RUN WITHOUT HITTING SOMETHING. NOT TOO MANY DAYS THAT YOU WILL HAVE 26 INCHES OF WATER AT THE MOUTH OF THE ECONFINA. I TRY TO PUT IN AT MID TIDE AND GET BACK IN ON THE NEXT MID TIDE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO