St. George Bridge Fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

St. George Bridge Fishing

Post by CoastalPirate »

Heading to St. George for bridge fishing and surf fishing tomorrow. Had a quick question before I head out. Do you guys throw a net down to snag your catch or do you just reel it up? Also I have been spreading the word about this site. My favorite fishing site by far. The tourneys yall talk about make me wish I could compete, too bad a bass raider cant take to the seas. Thanks again for the help!
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
AUTiger

Re: St. George Bridge Fishing

Post by AUTiger »

I've been to St. George a few times and the best place for me so far has been fishing at the youth camp in the state park. I throw my cast net at the youth boat ramp to catch finger mullet and pin fish. There is a channel out in front of the ramp that runs from left to right. I fish my live bait in this channel on bottom. There are a lot of oysters, so you could get cut off. On the beach, I've caught many many whiting using pieces of shrimp about the size of your top knuckle on one of your fingers. I've never fished from the bridge so can't speak to that.
sailcat

Post by sailcat »

If you surf fish, go into the park, stop at the first pull off, like the man said use small amount of shrimp and a small hook. You probably won't
need a net on the bridge, just pull them catfish on up.
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. Ive heard a lot about the boy scout area. I will try it out when I camp at the state park next month to do some wade/shore fishing.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

CoastalPirate, it has been a long time since I fished the "bridge' at St. George, which I never really did, I guess, because I always walked down to the seawall at either end and fished UNDER the bridge. Never needed a net there.

Still, for $23, you can't go wrong with this, or similar, pier landing net.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... ductSearch
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.