Econfina River 12/20

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Econfina River 12/20

Post by ugadawg »

Went out yesterday to try to catch a few trout. Tried the flats, tried the creeks, tried the river. Ended up with 3 fish, all about 15.25 long. Worst day catching wise I have had in a long time. Threw everything we had in the boat at them to no avail. Gonna try to get back down there this week and try it again when the winds lay down. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. We just could not find the fish.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina River 12/20

Post by SHOWBOAT »

fished Sunday and caught a couple limits. While I did manage 1 a topwater, most were caught fishing as slow as one stand and a little deeper than I expected on the flats. We didn't find much in the creeks. Redfish were swimming all over the flats but we only managed one. Slow down and look for warm water; that may be deeper water this time of year.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

We went fishing out of Keaton yesterday. Also had a hard time finding fish but caught 4 keeper trout, one flounder and was given a 22" redfish. One other boat with three fishermen limited out on trout and caught two reds. All other boats caught nothing or very few.

I guess those kind of days seperate the men from the boys?

............but, we had a very nice time on the water. Was needing a charging of salt. Tested out our new Frogg Toggs and they work!

Everytime I think I have something figured out it changes. If it ain't short days, cold air, tide, wind or wrong bait it is something else but.........ain't it FUN! I keep hoping one day I'll get caught up with my learning and can keep up with what is happening today.

Like the frog who fell in the buttermilk....keep kicking.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

It's all in the hunt and trail and error ain't It