cushioned anti-fatigue boat mats

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

denbar52

cushioned anti-fatigue boat mats

Post by denbar52 »

has anyone got one of these mats/ are they worth the $, and where do you recommend buying one?

Bart Rice
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: cushioned anti-fatigue boat mats

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I don't have one but have used them from time to time and if you have ankle, knee or back issues then they are definitely worth the money.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Don't think anyone around here carries them, but SeaShocks are the best of all the ones I've tested. They use the same cushioning technology that is in sports padding like in football stadiums, etc.

They stay put on the deck, are easy to clean and definitely provide cushioning and better comfort on the water. Available in different colors to match the deck/hull.

SeaShocks.com
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Check out Upbeat as well. They sell to machine shops, Dr offices etc.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

I've been thinking about SeaDek. http://www.seadek.com
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Harmsway wrote:I've been thinking about SeaDek. http://www.seadek.com
SeaDek is a great product, and the vendor is very helpful. I bought some to line my anchor locker to protect the surface from chain and anchor damage, and it has worked very well. I do not have it on the surface of my boat, but I have fished out of flats boats that do have it on the rails and platforms. It seemed excellent to me.

I have in the past purchased the pads and they do work, but I found that a good pair of cushioned shoes with arch support gave me more. The pads also raised the standing position too much for comfort at the helm position and under my t-top. For some boats, they might be just the thing.

EJ
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

EddieJoe wrote:
Harmsway wrote:I've been thinking about SeaDek. http://www.seadek.com
I have in the past purchased the pads and they do work, but I found that a good pair of cushioned shoes with arch support gave me more. The pads also raised the standing position too much for comfort at the helm position and under my t-top. For some boats, they might be just the thing.

EJ
An inexpensive alternative is to get a couple of the interlocking child's play mats. Cut to fit your application and will last several years.

I'm with EddieJoe about the right shoes. I've always preferred to fish barefoot but as I got older, my feet decided they had had enough. I tried cushioned mats but it wasn't enough coverage area as you are moving around the boat (never seemed to be under foot). Finally went to the athletic type sandals. Plenty of cushion, always under foot & still felt like barefoot. Recently, my son talked me into trying his Crocs. I was instantly sold. They feel better than any pad I've tried and I can kick them off for a while if it gets to hot.
Redphisher

Post by Redphisher »

I've used the interlocking child mats... but the downfall is the saltwater eats them up, and before you know it they will start leaving some debris in your boat. Use sea deck on my casting platform and it's great.
Keep our fish stock strong... Release more fish...