Aucilla River

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sailcat

Aucilla River

Post by sailcat »

Has anyone fished the Aucilla lately and if so. are the trout in the river with this warm weather? Thanks!
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla River

Post by tin can »

FWIW..... I went to the Aucilla about noon yesterday. According to my tide information the water level should have been at about 0.7, and rising. The floating portion of the dock was laying completely on the bottom. I backed my trailer as far as my fear would allow, and never got the bottom of the boat wet. This, combined with whitecaps in the river, resulted in my better judgement taking over. I decided there would be better days and went home.

The trip was not a complete waste. I stopped at JR's and got a fresh hot hamburger, right off the griddle.
What was I supposed to do today?
FishHead91

Post by FishHead91 »

I stopped and took a look yesterday as well, but I was with a canoe and not willing to brave the wind.
If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

When the water runs out of that river, you may as well call your insurance agent when you head out, just to let em now you have a good chance of making a claim. :)
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

onefishtwofish wrote:When the water runs out of that river, you may as well call your insurance agent when you head out, just to let em now you have a good chance of making a claim. :)
True dis! :smt009
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
RalphKramden2011

Post by RalphKramden2011 »

onefishtwofish wrote:When the water runs out of that river, you may as well call your insurance agent when you head out, just to let em now you have a good chance of making a claim. :)

At minimum a lower unit and prop and if lucky won't be trailer damage, etc. :smt010

I can still hear those infamous words from '72...."just follow real close to me cause I know this river like the back of my hand!" Damn what a show as he knocked the lower unit off and broke the motor loose from the transom!
I came with a couple of feet of driving into his boat.