panacea

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

panacea

Post by dombern34 »

got to the boat ramp around 6:00 am, discovered that the bubble on the gas line had a hole in it, so with a quick fix we head out around 6:30 sunrise in our faces with the wind chill not far behind! first point is about 16 miles out so we stop there after everyone kinda thaws out. first drop was a huge rock bass and they just game in one after another. along with KW grunts we filled the cooler up in a matter of an hour we ran to the ledge and figured we would give it a go. first drop down was a good Gag but unfortunately had to be thrown back our targeted fish was red grouper but only caught one and it was 19 inchs........ our luck was running low we caught about 8 more gags and few rock bass and grunts in between those gags. made the long ride back in and stopped one more time on the way in on a good bottom. we added some more rock bass and grunts all together we ended up with 38 rock bass all over 15 inches and 43 grunts 8 gag's and 1 red but those 8 and 1 had to go back into the water. the seas got up to 5's and 6's but flatted out over the day. all and all it was a good trip and i'll be trying it again soon.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Re: panacea

Post by Tidedancer »

Great report---well the 6 foot seas not so good.

I do love me some Black Sea Bass. Yum, Yum
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Re: panacea

Post by Ron Wilson »

Good deal. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."