Keaton 3/2

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Keaton 3/2

Post by Perch Jerker »

Had a good day at Keaton fishing with my brother on Friday. Caught a good limit of trout and a couple of nice redfish. Caught them on everything, in close. Fog rolled in about 4:00. First time that has happened to me. Very strange feeling. Visability was roughly 50 yds so we were able to safely get in following our back tracking line. Without GPS, all i would have known to do would be to get in a safe place and drop the anchor? Had a great time, folks at Keaton Beach Marina are 1st class. Great to have such a place. Can't wait to go back.backward
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton 3/2

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice day, PJ. When the fog rolls in like that, I usually get into very shallow water or wait it out behind some rocks. At least that way the fools running around will hit or run aground before they reach me. GPS is the best recourse, but it still pays to stop and shut off the engine every so often so you can hear the sound of approaching boats.

Good omen for the club tournament Saturday. Now if JT will just hold off posting the weather forecast, it might actually turn out nice. :wink:
gary z

Post by gary z »

kinda lookin forward to that weather report. It'd be nice if the wind didnt have an "N" in its direction anywhere.. Just wishful thinkin i bet.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Friday: SE wind around 11 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Friday Night: SSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Now you did it, Gary. With JT's voodo forecasting service, it'll be a small craft advisory for sure. :lol:
BeeeReady

Post by BeeeReady »

A Compass has saved me more than once on the water......
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi