Econfina Buoys

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Econfina Buoys

Post by ugadawg »

Today at Econfina there were three sets of two large orange buoys in the river. There was one at the no wake zone, one midway, and one out by the tripod. Anyone have any idea what they are for? Each one had a large sticker on it that said caution, but I didnt get close enough to see what else it said. Just curious if anyone has seen them and knows anything about them. I also slayed the trout today. I really think I could have caught 50 keepers today if I had stayed out there. 3.5 feet with a gulp.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina Buoys

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the fishing report. It must be HOT all over. Had my limit by ten thirty, used Bass Assissin Stinky Pink on a CT in 3 -4 feet water. Fished out of Keaton to Spring Warrior. They are also hitting top water.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Just a warning bouy about the rocks probably. You know how government is. There have neen no warnings there for several years, now all of a sudden, they think they need them. Guess the rocks came back... :smt005

Like I have said for years....."There ain't no fish or rocks at anky" :smt009

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

I thought rocks at first, but if they are going to mark all the rocks at Econfina they'd need about 2000 more buoys.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

The government had some of OUR money burning a hole in their pocket so it got spent would be my guess. Probably someone trying to justify the need for their job.

I'm not familiar with that area. Could they actually be planning something like dredging? Are they permanently anchored or just staged there to be moved later?
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I heard that they were going to start marking JT's holes do there wouldn't be any confusion. I guess they started at Econfina?
Team Jolly Mon
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

I wish they would dredge a way out of the mouth, but could they actually dredge through the rock bottom at the mouth?
Panacea_M

Post by Panacea_M »

I've seen those on other rivers marking deadhead logs to be pulled from the river for harvesting. Not sure if that it the case here.
Carlabear

Post by Carlabear »

Someone told me about them and said they were monitoring water conditions???? Not sure. Fishing was great this weekend! Caught trout and redfish!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:-D :-D :-D
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Fished Econfina on Thursday and noticed two guys with a boat load of orange balloon type
bouys. One guy was in the water with a snorkel and mask like they were going to anchor the bouys out at the mouth of the river. They looked official like government of some sort. That was about 1:00 in the afternoon after we had caught our limit of trout. Great day on the water and didnt hit a single rock. :D
RalphKramden2011

Post by RalphKramden2011 »

Hammer wrote: Great day on the water and didnt hit a single rock. :D
Not hitting a rock at Ecofina is like a day without sunshine! :smt010
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

they weren't layin' down scallop bed markers were they? planting of sorts?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image