To the idiot boater at Spring Warrior....

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

To the idiot boater at Spring Warrior....

Post by slayer »

I would like to take the time the express my gratitude for the lessons you taught my 8 year old son Saturday afternoon about 3pm.....

As we set in 3' of water 15 yards from a pole that marks an oyster bar just north of the entrance of spring warrior......and you come in off the flats at approx 3/4 throttle and divide the distance between the bow of my boat and the pole perfectly...not to mention the wake that you left us in....I hope the woman and younger person you had in your boat were impressed with your ability to "captain" a boat so well and show such a high regards and respect for other sportsman.

The whole time my 8 year old son was getting more and more scared, and the other 11 year old that was in my boat asking why somebody would do that with a whole ocean to drive around in......

I was able to take the time to stop fishing and have a talk with my son and his friend that was along on their first ever trip to the flats, and explain to them that no matter where you go on this earth you will find people like that....rude , disrespectful and unethical !!!!!

But I will also offer you this little gem......you are so lucky that it was my son and his friend in my boat...because if it would have been my normal fishing partner... I would have run you down a BEAT YOUR @$$.......i WOULD HAVE BEAT YOU UNTIL YOUR NOSE RUN BUTTERMILK!!!!! i WOULD HAVE CLIMBED ABOARD YOUR BOAT AND BEAT YOU ABOUT THE HEAD NECK AND SHOULDERS WITH A PADDLE.....i WOULD HAVE BROKEN EVERY ROD AND REEL I COULD HAVE GOTTEN MY HANDS ON....i WOULD HAVE THROWN ALL OF YOUR TACKLE OVER THE SIDE OF THE BOAT AND SNAPPED YOUR VHF ANTENNA OFF AT THE MOUNT !!!!! AND THEN DARED YOU TO UTTER A SINGLE WORD!!!!!

AND DONT THINK YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY....

I'm pretty sure my Blue and white Nauticstar with the ETEC 200HO could have caught you real easy.....my advise for you "sir".....if you see the boat in the picture below, approach with caution, or dont approach at all!!!!!!

That "sir" was your only free pass.....I only hope whatever you was after was so important to scare a couple of young kids on their first trip to such a great place
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Re: To the idiot boater at Spring Warrior....

Post by Reel Addiction »

Wasn't me, I was cleaning my garage all weekend!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

I was at work !!
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

i was cleaning my boat and doing yard work ,in Pelham Ga.
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I WAS AT MY DAUGHTERS OFFICE GETTING A CATARACT REMOVED AND UNDER SEDATION.!!!!!!!!!!!
PA
SEMPER FI
P.S. THEY PROBABLY DRIVE THEIR CAR THE SAME WAY.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Not me either bro.....I was on a tractor breathing dust ALL DAY!!!! :smt009 I am glad some of my friends still have time to fish! :thumbup: Glad that fool didn't run into you.
Team Jolly Mon
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

it was jt51, don't hurt him just make him tell us where his holes are out there :-D
RalphKramden2011

Post by RalphKramden2011 »

I don't fish Spring Warrior. :o
mastercaster

Post by mastercaster »

To the idiot boater fishing in the channel at Spring Warrior....

Here is an idea, don't fish in the damn channel.

If you come anywhere near me or my boat and gear I will skewer your eyeballs with my 9 foot fly rods and use them for catfish bait!

PS

Your bay boat can't catch the golden mullet, it tops 70 MPH, good luck catching that running 50!
DAWG FAN

Post by DAWG FAN »

It wasnt me but I was at Spring Warrior and I saw several people that dont need to be on the water. And I wish air boats were never invented! There was redfish all over the area where I was but people motoring in on oyster bars and air boats blowing thru bars kept them scathered and the ones that we trolled up on were so spooked they wouldnt bite no matter what we throwed at them.
2012 Sea Fox 200XT-SOLD
2003 16' Sundance Skiff
2013 40 HP Mercury Bigfoot
2017 Sea Fox XTS Viper
2017 150hp Yamaha SHO
kirt

Post by kirt »

I was going back in about 3, only had my dad with me and no women so guess it wasnt me. I was fishing a bar about 2 miles away from Fenholloway and trolling it towards the grass and an airboat came between me and the bank about 50 yards away. Kind of irritating. It was calm enough he could have went out in the open water but I guess he just wanted to let me see how loud his boat was up close. I cant wait until the temp drops back down to 30 degrees and traffic is not a problem. All in all it was a great day on the water. Did anyone else have trouble catching Reds because the trout were so thick?
kirt

Post by kirt »

For clarification, were you in the channel or around one of the bars to the north of the channel?
slayer

Post by slayer »

I wasn't in the channel... i was at least 200 yards north of the channel....and the guy wasnt heading towards the creek channel.....he was running towards the first big creek just north of Spring Warrior.....

not that sitting in the middle of the channel is much of an excuse....but to a moron, anything is possible.
mastercaster wrote:To the idiot boater fishing in the channel at Spring Warrior....

Here is an idea, don't fish in the damn channel.

If you come anywhere near me or my boat and gear I will skewer your eyeballs with my 9 foot fly rods and use them for catfish bait!

PS

Your bay boat can't catch the golden mullet, it tops 70 MPH, good luck catching that running 50!
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

It wasn't me but I do feel a little gulity....I wanted to be fishing and I do fish the Spring Warrior area. My Saturday was sooooo busy, all I had was my dreams of fishing.

Know how you feel!

At my age, I choose what I get mad about. That could have been one? Then again, look at the best side of your story and the good lesson you taught your boys. That was very POSITIVE!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
towman

Post by towman »

If I pass close to a boat even in open water I throttle way down. It's only common courtesy.