17 cape horn

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JohnA

17 cape horn

Post by JohnA »

Well I pulled the trigger on a boat and look forward to hopefully contributing instead of soaking in all this information. I purchased a 2004 17 Cape Horn with a 140 johnson 4 stroke (mechanic told me its a suzuki painted white :roll: I feel like its christmas in spring time I am going to give it a wet test this weekend at Mexico Beach. My brother in law will be my boat buddy in his kenner. hopefully we can catch a spanish or two
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: 17 cape horn

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Congrats on the boat!
Team Jolly Mon
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Have a blast! :smt023
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
sosprey

Post by sosprey »

Bound to be happy with that one - Cape Horn builds a sturdy, practical boat and the 17' is excellent for our coast. :beer:
Cheer up, it gets worse...I did, and it did!!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

sosprey wrote:Bound to be happy with that one - Cape Horn builds a sturdy, practical boat and the 17' is excellent for our coast. :beer:
agreed. Caught lots of fish, inshore and off, out of 17' Cape Horns. It should fly with a 140; the two I've fished out of had slightly smaller outboards.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
JohnA

Post by JohnA »

Thanks guys
macdaddy
Site Sponsor

Post by macdaddy »

I also have a 1997 19' Cape and its one hell of a boat. It is built by fisherman for fishermen. Any technical questions on the boat just contact the factory. They are located in Milford, Fl. near Pensacola and always been more than helpfull. Enjoy!