St. Marks area ramps ?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Badbagger

St. Marks area ramps ?

Post by Badbagger »

Just looking for some real world input based on experience for some suggestions for GOOD ramps in the St. Marks area so we can head out by the lighthouse to fish. Last I launched back in 09, the lighthouse ramps wasn't upgraded so I have no idea how it is today. Back then, not much fun. We have a 19' CC and she's wide and don't need any head aches.
Ideally ramps that are good at low and high tides. The more suggestions and real world input, the better. Along with rough idea on costs to launch etc. I've googled them all but they'll show you some pretty pictures but that's not much help to me.

Thank you and tight lines
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks area ramps ?

Post by slowroller »

The l.h. ramp has been redone, its good. There is the fort(5bucks) and shields, both good ramps at any tide. :thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Badbagger,why do you reword your post and post them twice?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

The lighthouse ramp is wide,but wide don't fix stupid.
ramp.jpg
ramp.jpg (45.46 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

Only complaint about the LH, and maybe I'm just a bad captain, but I find the channel to be a bit shallow at low tide...
850-273-8818
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Badbagger,why do you reword your post and post them twice?
My apologies, just trying to learn this forum and gather the most responses I can should a post be missed in one part of the index.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Badbagger wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:Badbagger,why do you reword your post and post them twice?
My apologies, just trying to learn this forum and gather the most responses I can should a post be missed in one part of the index.
Sounds like an innocent well-intended mistake, Badbagger, but no need to do it and actually likely will make for less useful feedback.

First off, lots of long-timers on here and guessing for the most part we check by time sequence of post using the "view all new posts" feature, NOT by visiting each board forum individually, and that only makes the duplicate posts all the more obvious. Second, by doing this you can split the responses and the best threads usually are individual ones where board forum members bounce thoughts back and forth within a single thread. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

lonesouth wrote:Only complaint about the LH, and maybe I'm just a bad captain, but I find the channel to be a bit shallow at low tide...
I think low water is low water. I avoid the lighthouse in the winter cause the basin can be durn near empty. Plus the lip on the end of the ramp makes it impossible to back it in any further.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

There is 6 feet of silt/mud in the lighthouse channel that is not supposed to be there.
The basin and channel was built 6 feet deeper based upon low tide.
It has filled in and the Army Corps will not do anything about it due to NO FUNDS.
One Presidential vacation would be enough money to clean it out.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

It has filled in and the Army Corps will not do anything about it due to NO FUNDS.
One Presidential vacation would be enough money to clean it out.[/quote]
and get change back !! and the tree huggers have a little something to do with it not being dredge or so i'm told