Delacroix,LA

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Delacroix,LA

Post by dombern34 »

i know Delacroix isn't anywhere near the big bend but figure I'd share anyways, headed down there on a Thursday morning and took our time getting there by making a few stops, we stopped at the Bass pro in Mobile,AL and the Academy Sports in Gulf-port,AL. we made it down there just in time to launch the boat and head out for a evening trip. we where all kinda new to the area so with darkness creeping up fast we stayed in kinda close. we fished Grand lake that evening with Two good reds to bring home. the next morning i had the pleasure of fishing out of Mr. Jimmy's boat, Great guy to fish with by the way. we all entered a little local tournament they had there and we all took off about 6:00 a.m weigh in time came and i only caught 3 by that time. so i was a little worried with the limit being 5 down there and one can be over 27in's i wasn't expecting anything. turned out i won FIRST PLACE. had a smile on my face from ear to ear for the rest of the day. had a huge Cajun craw fish boil that night and then hit the bed early for another morning. Saturday morning turns out to be awesome, wind wasn't blowing bad and the sun was out. first cast after setting the boat down on our first point, i throw my spoon, Bam! fish on! The first run took my line down to the backing, again that grin went from ear to ear haha, i finally get him in and man was i happy. first ever big red fish like this. it topped the weekend and the trip for me. i caught every single fish that weekend on a 3/4 PINK aqua dream spoon that i purchased at Kevin's in Tallahassee. that spoon could've sold for 50 bucks by the end of the weekend from every one else not catching even close to what i brought into the boat. i will be going back again this summer and again and again never met and fished with nicer people in my life. i hope everyone on here gets the chance to go chase some tails over in LA its an experience i can't wait to do again. here's the red that made the trip worth while!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MarkM

Re: Delacroix,LA

Post by MarkM »

Good going. Show me your spoon!
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

It actually broke on the fish before this one, had to super glue the hook in place where the screw normally goes so its in rough shape but I'll take a picture of it if I remember!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

That's a long way from Albany! Nice fish.
Team Jolly Mon
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

nice work! i tell everyone, pink is where its at!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

oh yeah it was a little drive and the roads in LA are awful too ha, but i'd made the drive 10 times !
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Nice fish !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Awesome trip!!
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

I've fished Delacroix myself, and it looks like you had a great trip! Fun in cajun country.

EJ