st marks advice

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fsu1

st marks advice

Post by fsu1 »

I have been to st marks several times over the last month and have yet to limit out. I have been fishing with all different type of gulp, but the one I noticed to work the most is new penny and rootbeer with chartreuse tail. I have tried with and with out cork. I have also used pinfish drifting out the back of the boat. We have caught fish but mostly shorts. We usually wind up with 3 to 4 keepers with the biggest being around 18". Last week we tried live pin fish at the reefs for grouper but no bites, so we went back in some trout action. Im going back tomorrow would like to catch a grouper or two early and fisnish the day off with a limit of trout. Can anybody give me a little advice on what I can do to put more fish in the boat.
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: st marks advice

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

SLOW DOWN THE RETRIEVE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

My biggest fish normally come from fishing top water in 1 to 2 ft. of water. Good luck.
QueenB
Site Sponsor

Post by QueenB »

use live shrimp....we have a lot more luck with live bait rather than gulp
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

How skinny can your boat get? How far east or west do you go from the lighthouse?
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

jadams92002 wrote:My biggest fish normally come from fishing top water in 1 to 2 ft. of water. Good luck.
He already said he is catching shorts.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
fsu1

Post by fsu1 »

we normally do well directly infront of light house probably half mile infront of it. I have a proline 170 so i will go in 2 ft but i try not to go any less than that.
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

Following this one, we're going to give it a go over the weekend and see what we can come up with.