Carrabelle Fishing questions

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LHopkins

Carrabelle Fishing questions

Post by LHopkins »

Hey guys. I am coming to Carrabelle for the first time the first week in June. Any good tips on where the best places to fish are in the area? What about scalloping in the area? Just looking for a good place to take my kids. Thanks!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Carrabelle Fishing questions

Post by silverking »

Scallop season is closed until July.

Inside Lanark Reef (towards shore) and drifting on top of Dog Island Reef (winds permitting) will produce a variety of fish, including trout, reds, seabass, ladyfish, etc. Have fun and post up a report on your trip afterwards.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Good info above. Be sure all your boat safety equipment is up to date. Check your dates on flares and make sure they are current. The FWC is giving everyone here a hard time. Some folks checked 2 times a day every day. Sorry to have to say that about our town here but it is what it is. Watch your speed in town too. The Poe-Poe is just about as bad.
LHopkins

Post by LHopkins »

Thanks for the info. What about surf fishing? Any place better than others? Thanks again.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Best bet surf fishing will be at SGI state park at East Pass or along the gulf troughs. Carrabelle Beach might work, but you won't have the same water flow.
BeachRum1962

Post by BeachRum1962 »

Tidedancer wrote:The FWC is giving everyone here a hard time. Some folks checked 2 times a day every day. Sorry to have to say that about our town here but it is what it is. Watch your speed in town too. The Poe-Poe is just about as bad.
I was wondering when someone was going to mention the FWC. They stopped us Saturday coming back from Dog at the mouth of the river where is it always bouncy and proceeded to do a 4 step sobriety test on my my buddy. We had all safety equipment, proper registration, but were driving slow because he was breaking in a new lower unit. He had a couple throughout the day and was obviously not impaired, but they did test after test in choppy conditions that would have made a sober person seem drunk. I believe it was Officers Gore and Raker based on published reports. They were courteous and professional but went way overboard IMO on that stop. They let us go after 20 minutes of that crap.
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

I am glad they are there checking. I have seen alot of drinkers headed in and out of Carabelle river. They are just doing there job. :thumbup:
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Practiciing up for the W.T.B. over Memorial Day weekend maybe?
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Steve Stinson wrote:Practiciing up for the W.T.B. over Memorial Day weekend maybe?
That's what I was thinking... :)