New drop off location for Reel Repair by Jim

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

New drop off location for Reel Repair by Jim

Post by fishinfool »

Today I made an arrangement with Outdoor Pursuits 4404 Blountstown Highway Tallahassee, FL 32304 (850) 575-7709 to accept reels for service and repair.
All of my regular methods of doing business are still in effect. Complete quotes will be given and approval received before any repairs are done.
You can still drop off or pick up your reel from me directly if that is more convenient. I will be picking up from Outdoor Pursuits on a Monday through Friday basis. Payments are made to me, but Outdoor Pursuits can accept the payment and hold it for me. At this time cash or check are the only forms of payment accepted. Maybe soon I will be able to take credit cards.
I am hoping that this will make things a little easier for folks to get their reels to me for service. I also believe this will be beneficial to Outdoor Pursuits. They seem to be some nice folks and have a good variety of tackle and equipment.
Call me,
850-445-4889
Thanks,
Jim
Last edited by fishinfool on May 22nd, 2012, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: New drop off location for Reel Repair by Jim

Post by Rhettley »

Any plans for a pick up site in Sowega? Moultrie or Thomasville. Unless you or someone you know comes up this way I don't guess that would be economically feasible though.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Not at this time Rhettley. The U.S. Mail as well as UPS and Fed Ex have been doing very well and the prices are not bad. Cheaper than two gallons of gas.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

To save a trip to Tally, do you accept shipped reel?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

What do you charge for servicing Abu reels and replacing the worm and paw? I have 3 that need to be done. Also, where could one drop them off directly to you? I don't get on the W side of town at all.

thanks
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Yes I accept shipped reels. Go to www.reelrepairbyjim.com/Home.html . My address is on my webpage. I can accept U.S.Mail, UPS or FedEx. I recommend you insure your reel for the replacement value. I have not had any problems with theft or loss, but that does not mean it cannot happen.

I have a friend that works in Thomasville and lives in Tallahassee, that can bring reels from there to me. If you have a reel you want serviced call me and I put you in touch with him, or you can ship it to me.

All standard baitcasters and spinning reels are $20 for clean and lube plus repair parts. Reels are broken down and all old lube is cleaned out and new grease and oil is applied. Typically spools are not cleaned especially if the line is still on it. Every other part is cleaned and inspected.

Depending on the model of the reel, the average cost of a new level wind pawl is $6.00. The worm gear can run from $3.00 to $15.00. Seldom is the worm gear worn to the point it is in need of replacing, but I have seen it.
The answer to your question is between $26 and $41 per reel, depending on the price of parts.

Call me. That is the easiest way to arrange a place to meet to drop off reels directly to me. My number is 850-445-4889
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

10-4 thanks. I'll be calling you.

Tommy
Don't major in the minor stuff in life