Boat storage Tallahassee?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

setty7

Boat storage Tallahassee?

Post by setty7 »

My girlfriends parents are moving to a house that our boat won't be able to be kept there. Anyone know of a safe boat storage in Tallahassee? Don't really wanna keep it at shields cause that's a long haul to go pick it up each time we want to go somewhere. Thanks guys!!!
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: Boat storage Tallahassee?

Post by Harmsway »

setty7 wrote:Anyone know of a safe boat storage in Tallahassee?
:smt043 :smt044
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
setty7

Post by setty7 »

Harmsway wrote:
setty7 wrote:Anyone know of a safe boat storage in Tallahassee?
:smt043 :smt044

Is something funny? Its a serious question man
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

setty7 wrote:Is something funny? Its a serious question man
I'm just funnin' witcha', setty. Covered or uncovered storage?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

What part of town are they moving to? and Where do you normally launch when you fish?
setty7

Post by setty7 »

We would like covered and they are moving to killearn estates area. We usually go to st. Marks or lanark. I would like something in town though. Reason being is if we wanted to take the boat to like lake blackshear we wouldn't want to have to go get it from shields. Just would be a long drive down to end up going north. Thanks guys!
setty7

Post by setty7 »

anyone?
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

I am more that happy with Shields, but you are right it is a pita if you wanna go north with your boat. check out boat storage on craigslist
good luck.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

setty7 wrote:anyone?
There are two places on Crawfordville Hwy going towards the coast, but frankly, I don't see how any of them can do what you want. Tallahassee has no paid storage in the City that I know about, and anything south of here will require you to drive south to pick up the boat and go north to GA. You might be able to find a bud that has a big lot or some acreage here in town that would put you up.

Otherwise, you are going to have to make a compromise based on where you go most. I kept my boat on trailer in Carrabelle for four years, now in dry storage in Carrabelle. It makes it difficult to go elsewhere, but otherwise you keep it in front of the house on the street. I have done that too.

EJ
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Well, setty, I didn't want to be the one to tell you that there is no bonafide covered boat storage facility in Tallahassee. I have always thought that it might be a good business if located on Capital Circle SW and Crawfordville Highway (or even Hwy 20). Put a boat wash there; one that slopes back so the boat drains good.

I do know that some people have managed to park a trailered boat inside a conventional storage locker. Others simply rent a parking place outside (in the "RV lot").

I know a guy who knows a guy that uses:

Uncle Bob's Self Storage
1501 Capital Circle Northwest, Tallahassee, FL
(866) 320-6309
www.unclebobs.com

I think he pay $30/month for a parking spot inside the fence.

Here are some other candidates:

Budget Storage Corporation.
2816 Joel Brown Drive, Tallahassee, FL
(850) 878-5666

The Storage Center
3110 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, FL
(850) 656-1667
www.thestoragecenter.biz

Advanced Moving & Storage
7963 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, FL
(850) 656-2890
www.tallahasseestorageunit.com

A Dent In The Attic
2424 Monticello Drive, Tallahassee, FL
(850) 385-7266
www.storagefront.com

Pines Storage Center
520 Crawfordville Highway, Crawfordville, FL
(850) 926-2331 ‎

Downtown Storage
57 High Drive, Crawfordville, FL
(850) 926-2562
www.crawfordvillestorage.com

Crawfordville Self Storage
3291 Crawfordville Highway, Crawfordville, FL
(850) 228-7197
www.crawfordvillestoragecenter.com

Stow Away Center
2669 Spring Creek Highway, Crawfordville, FL
(850) 926-5725
www.stowawaycenter.com

Fort Know Storage
(866)-944-2577!
www.fortknoxselfservicestorage.com

Tallahassee Storage Center
3110 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee
(800)-395-1289 now!
www.storagecentertallahassee.com/
setty7

Post by setty7 »

Thanks for all the input guys! I will definitely check out some of those you listed above. We cannot leave the boat in front of the house at the new neighborhood. Its one of those "stickler" neighborhoods where the HOA is a real PITA!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Be sure to check out the facilities thoroughly before signing any agreement. Find out if access is restricted, ask if they have security cameras with full coverage and double-check your insurance policy.

A buddy of mine rented a unit from one of these on Harm's list between moves and thieves cut the lock on his unit and ripped off thousands in tackle, including fly rods, reels, tackle boxes, etc. They had hit the place a couple times prior and the facility did not have any security cameras. They also didn't inform him of their track record. His homeowner's policy didn't cover remote storage, so he was SOL.

I fish from Keaton to St. Joe and it is a pain sometimes to drive down to my storage unit in St. Marks to do routine maintenance, etc. But I have an individual stall and have never had any issues whatsoever and the boat is out of the sun and weather. Peace of mind and secure protection definitely offset the occasional inconvenience for me.
setty7

Post by setty7 »

silverking wrote:Be sure to check out the facilities thoroughly before signing any agreement. Find out if access is restricted, ask if they have security cameras with full coverage and double-check your insurance policy.

A buddy of mine rented a unit from one of these on Harm's list between moves and thieves cut the lock on his unit and ripped off thousands in tackle, including fly rods, reels, tackle boxes, etc. They had hit the place a couple times prior and the facility did not have any security cameras. They also didn't inform him of their track record. His homeowner's policy didn't cover remote storage, so he was SOL.

I fish from Keaton to St. Joe and it is a pain sometimes to drive down to my storage unit in St. Marks to do routine maintenance, etc. But I have an individual stall and have never had any issues whatsoever and the boat is out of the sun and weather. Peace of mind and secure protection definitely offset the occasional inconvenience for me.
wow I would hate that! Thanks for your help. Is it required to have boaters insurance? I think we should for many reasons.
Tally Boat Storage

Post by Tally Boat Storage »

Secure lot for Boat and RV storage opening soon in town. The lot is blocks from Capital Circle NE behind Lowe's. The lot will be opening in 4-6 weeks. It will be fenced, well lit, and have lots of security cameras. There will be a boat wash down spot as well. Spots up to 12x50 available. Taking reserations now! Call 509-4299.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

What is around about cost a month and are there some that are covered?