Aucilla navigation

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dockwilson
Site Sponsor

Aucilla navigation

Post by Dockwilson »

Is there any chart that shows the "safe" routes out and around Aucilla? Felt like I was playing Russian roulette Saturday. Not fun.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla navigation

Post by tin can »

There is no chart I.m aware of to show a safe route out of Aucilla. There is no safe route I'm aware of out of Aucilla.
What was I supposed to do today?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

tin can wrote:There is no chart I.m aware of to show a safe route out of Aucilla. There is no safe route I'm aware of out of Aucilla.
^ What He Said ^

:-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

There is an easy safe route out of Aucilla.

Get in truck, drive toward 98, take left and go to St. Marks. Launch boat, follow channel markers to gulf, go outside of stake line and take left. Continue until you see Aucilla River.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Dubble Trubble wrote:
tin can wrote:There is no chart I.m aware of to show a safe route out of Aucilla. There is no safe route I'm aware of out of Aucilla.
^ What He Said ^

:-D

Dubble :thumbup:
What THEY said! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

If there are no other boats ahead of you, Trim your lower unit up and cross your fingers and hold your breath. The safest way is to go out on HIGH tide, and return on HIGH tide. and you should have no problem. Get behind someone who is going out and follow your bread crumbs on the way back to the ramp. :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Just don't follow someone who is also on their first trip out and using the wing/prayer/trim method of rock avoidance. ;)

I went there in my Kayak a number of winters ago on a low tide and made a mental note to NEVER bring my pretty flats boat there.......ever.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Now ya'll know there is a path or a trail (of parts) that will lead someone out !! Look at it as a path not to take !! :smt005
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

mjsigns wrote:If there are no other boats ahead of you, Trim your lower unit up and cross your fingers and hold your breath. The safest way is to go out on HIGH tide, and return on HIGH tide. and you should have no problem. Get behind someone who is going out and follow your bread crumbs on the way back to the ramp. :thumbup:
Spring 1971 guy said those famous words..."follow me....I know this place like the back of my hand." Up on plane and hauling it downriver....we go a rather short ways and I see his motor kick up and half the foot goes flying away from boat. :smt010
I killed engine and almost ran into him. He said he'd never seen a rock there before.
Now I don't know about the Aucilly but in the Anky there are rocks that move around.....!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

RHTFISH wrote:
mjsigns wrote:If there are no other boats ahead of you, Trim your lower unit up and cross your fingers and hold your breath. The safest way is to go out on HIGH tide, and return on HIGH tide. and you should have no problem. Get behind someone who is going out and follow your bread crumbs on the way back to the ramp. :thumbup:
Spring 1971 guy said those famous words..."follow me....I know this place like the back of my hand." Up on plane and hauling it downriver....we go a rather short ways and I see his motor kick up and half the foot goes flying away from boat. :smt010
I killed engine and almost ran into him. He said he'd never seen a rock there before.
Now I don't know about the Aucilly but in the Anky there are rocks that move around.....!
I hate it when that happens!
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Found a new one yesterday.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I will show you 2 routes out of there.
One takes you down the middle at the mouth after 3 90 degree turns..
The other you can shoot the corner bank on the East side after 2 90 degree turns.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Scaredy cats. No better teacher than experience :D
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

tunnel hull, airboat, go devil
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
spooky
Site Sponsor

Post by spooky »

fished there all my life run in &out no problem after 30 plus years youll figure it out :thumbup: