SGI Places to Eat

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

HewesMan

SGI Places to Eat

Post by HewesMan »

Right at a month from now I will be down at SGI for an entire week. Lots of fishing will happen during that time. We will also need to eat too. I have read that the Blue Parrot is good and the Owl Cafe too. What are some other places that y'all recommend around the area?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: SGI Places to Eat

Post by SHOWBOAT »

owl cafe now has a tap room now. Cheaper and some great craft beers to go with the food.

Verandas in Apalach is also good. Do yourself a favor and stop by 13 Mile Seafood. Wholesale, but you can buy anything. I bought a triple tail a month or two ago and it was awesome.

Hole in the Wall is good, cheap oysters. If you can make it to IP the Raw Bar is awesome and should have live music on weekends.

There are more, but that is a good start
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

I thought 13 Mile only did oysters? Having said that, I believe they do have the best oystermen.
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

I agree with Showboat. Eddie Teachs' Raw bar is a fun little hang out. Stay away from the Apalachicola Chocolate company...Ridiculously expensive and the owner was down right rude to us...
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

redbelly7 wrote:I thought 13 Mile only did oysters? Having said that, I believe they do have the best oystermen.
nope, they have all kinds of fish. They day we bought the triple tail fillet we also got 1# of grouper cheeks and tried some crazy looking crab claws that are actually by-catch when fishing for something else. The looked cool, were cheap and tasted good, but the meat probably wasn't worth the fight of opening. I shouldn't say they have everything; some tourist stopped in seeking cod while I was there :smt005
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.