How'd everyone do today?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

How'd everyone do today?

Post by tallykenjsbetterhalf »

So much for the bite being on fire. Hope it was for some. We headed west at 7:00 a.m. and stayed out until about 2:30. Up in shallow creek mouths then headed out. Nothing biting except catfish. I have come to the conclusion .... they have absolutely no scrupuls. Caught one trout. The water was stained very dark with tannin runoff. Maybe too much freshwater out there and the fish went deep, or it's just us. Great weather, nice breeze. Saw folks left and right hauling up the anchor and heading in. How did everyone else do? Go easy on us, Please. :-D
Charlie P
Site Sponsor

Re: How'd everyone do today?

Post by Charlie P »

We had similar results, lots of slime cats, 10 or 12 short trout. The day was saved getting a bucket of scallops.

What a beautiful day on the water!
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

It was a gorgeous day on the water! Couldn't ask for better, except for those slimmy cats! Good thing is, Ken found a catfish grabber "thingie" so we don't have to net them! It's awesome. Don't have to worry about getting gabbed because you don't have to touch them. Works like a charm.
Jollyman

Post by Jollyman »

We caught 5 reds 2 sharks 2 rays, Black drum all on shrimp before 11 am on shrimp near lighthouse. Lost a couple large reds after we caught some mud minnows. Kept a couple reds fished until 5 with no activity in the afternoon.
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Are you kidding me! We can never be in the right place at the right time! Someday, maybe we'll learn. :lol: We better catch some fish now that we spetnt all that $ on a trolling motor. :-D Glad you guys had a good day!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Trolling motors don't catch fish. Sorry.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

We went to Keaton after lunch, steady wind of 10 - 15 per the weather station, it was coming from land so no problems on the water. Shorts, sharks and catfish... :thumbdown:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Jumptrout51 wrote:Trolling motors don't catch fish. Sorry.
So true! Can't hurt. Anyway, catching what you want or not, it's always a great day out on the water! Could be at home doing chores. Not, at least on Saturday. :-D
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Got on some nice reds on an oyster bar outa bottoms road.fishing was good from just before hightide till about the first hour of ebb. Average fish=24". Flaot/gulp.
mblambert

Post by mblambert »

Fished Turkey Point from 7-12 and caught 3 keeper trout (2 right at 20"), and 3 slot reds (the biggest was 22"). All caught under a CT with a 3" white gulp. Will post some pics tomorrow.
mbweimar

Post by mbweimar »

i went out first thing saturday morning and threw a topwater around some big grass mats in front of the lighthouse. grass was think and after missing a few fish i moved into stony bayou. continued to throw topwater and missed another couple of fish before hooking up with back to back trout, one 19" and one 21". i continued fishing for the next couple hours with hits here and there, nothing but small trout. i headed out to the scalloping grounds (away from the crowd) and limited out in about in about two hours. on the way back to the ramp i stopped and fished around the oyster bars at the mouth of the st marks and hooked up with another 19" trout. all in all it wasnt a bad day. had to cut it short to help my parents prep they're house for the storm.

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

I didn't make it out :( but wanted to so bad sat morn, but the boss wasn't having it
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

Fished outta Spring Creek from 8 til 1 by myself since my fishing buddy called in "sick" :beer: . Had to to catch 5-10 short trout to get one keeper. Caught fish the whole time.
trout.JPG
trout.JPG (466.49 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
2 16"--ONE 18"
mbweimar

Post by mbweimar »

nicely done slowroller, you did about as good as i did!