Rod Repair

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GoneGator
Site Sponsor

Rod Repair

Post by GoneGator »

I stupidly just broke a guide on a good rod trying to straighten it by hand. Does anyone know who can replace it in town? Recommendations? I am on NE side of town, but can drop off somewhere if it is on the coastal route. Thanks
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Rod Repair

Post by Salty Gator »

What kind of rod is it. Most quality rods come with a warrantee. St croix is 5 yrs, shimano and loomis are lifetime. Most don't warrantee guides so something needs to break the blank. Otherwise reel cowboy could probably help you out. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
GoneGator
Site Sponsor

Post by GoneGator »

It is a Abu Garcia rod, I think I paid around $80 for it, nothing special but my son likes it. Hate to discard it just because of a guide.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Check with Lynn at Kevins. Lane Court may still be doing their rod and reel repair. Ar, check with Johnny Rivers at Rivers on S. Adams, about a half mile south of the main post office.
What was I supposed to do today?
Seachaser

Post by Seachaser »

GoneGator wrote:It is a Abu Garcia rod, I think I paid around $80 for it, nothing special but my son likes it. Hate to discard it just because of a guide.
Replacing a guide is pretty easy. I learned to do it years ago. I did one yesterday and it took about 20 minutes. Wish I was closer, I would show you how.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Matthew's Fishing Styx: matthewsfishinstyx@gmail.com or (229) 891-1774.

or

in Tallahassee, I forget the name of the place that has gun-smithing and rod-building in one store, but it is located on the east side of Capital Circle SW (S of I-10) pretty close to Britteny Estates; I think its 1471 Capital Circle N.W. Ste9 Bay2, (850) 385-7700.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
GoneGator
Site Sponsor

Post by GoneGator »

Good leads, decided to take it to Johnny Rivers, been a while since I had seen him. Thanks for all the replies!
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

I do custom rod builds and could have fixed it for ya if I was local but if anyone else has any issues and are interested ill be more than happy to fix or build a rod for anyone. Good to hear you got it repaired!