Yearly trip to the Forgotten Coast

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pastorterry

Yearly trip to the Forgotten Coast

Post by pastorterry »

Hey we are heading down for the family vacation 9/22-29. We are staying at St. George and will be fishing behind the Island and over at Lanark. I was just courious if there was anything going on at Dog Island Reef and what kind of water to start looking for trout and reds in. Any info would be greatly appriciated so I can get the wife and kids on some fish! Thanks.
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Yearly trip to the Forgotten Coast

Post by SS-342 »

Wish I could help you with your fishing but I fish mostly at Keaton.

I enjoyed your scripture!

Thanks
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Seachaser

Re: Yearly trip to the Forgotten Coast

Post by Seachaser »

pastorterry wrote:Hey we are heading down for the family vacation 9/22-29. We are staying at St. George and will be fishing behind the Island and over at Lanark. I was just courious if there was anything going on at Dog Island Reef and what kind of water to start looking for trout and reds in. Any info would be greatly appriciated so I can get the wife and kids on some fish! Thanks.
Yes! But pick your days, it can get rough out there for a small boat. We went last October and it was almost too rough for my 22 ft. Bay Boat.