Bottoms rd.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

luceror
Site Sponsor

Bottoms rd.

Post by luceror »

Well I got back on the water this week after some minor Surgery.
Tues./kayak/ two keeper reds ln cooler, one undersise released, and one nice released himself when he turned and made a run towards me and I couldnt keep up. I was working an inshore oysterbar just before high water. Hooked those 4 real quick and that was it : not another take. I fished around some more for reds anmd didnt getr another strike. Went out to some flats looking for some trt. Caught afew small ones/ no keepers. All fish got on gulp w float rig.
went w some friends in thier boat, they just had thier outboard rebuilt. Ran Great! We fished all of "our" known trt spots and couldnt find em. We ended up wc2 keepers between the3 of us and that was fishing hard. that was wensday.

Fri. Back in the kayak! No redfish.. 2 keeper trt./float rig. Tried topwater Shedog tried jigging 0x2! Hooked into something BIG just when I was getting ready to rack it. I was jigging on the edge of a bar along the drop off. I was anchored at the time. IT was taking alot of my relatively new Suffix braid, I tightened up the drag some more, When it finished thjat first run I got my anchor up so I get some line back. After he finished running he vwent to dead weight and by then I kinda figured out what I t was after about 15minutes of B-to the walls pulling I got close enough to grab my leadre and jerk it hard enough to break iy at the eyelet knot. It was the biggest ray I ever caught. I was fishing w my same friends last yr. before thier motor fried. We were trt fishing on a shallow grass flat and he hooked into one of those rays, we didnt know what he had on. I was chassing it down w the boat so he could get his line back. Me and his wife had to stand by while he fought that thing for close to 45 minutes. BIg RAY !

PS. I tied that suffix 832 for the first time today. As OF RIGHT NOW I think IL stick w power pro!
Might try Oyster bars around spring creek tomorrow
Framer9

Re: Bottoms rd.

Post by Framer9 »

We were out there wed. only 4 keepers. It was a hard 8 hrs of fishing , hopefully we will have better luck this weekend! Thanks for the report. Btw , the wife saw the biggest ray she had ever seen over by the sandbar
charlie tuna

Re: Bottoms rd.

Post by charlie tuna »

Thanks for the report, LUC