Econfina 3/20

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tod

Econfina 3/20

Post by Tod »

Tom, be careful what you say. I think everyone listened to your advise of sleeping in on Saturday then fishing the high tide. My dad and I put in about 9:45 and took the long idle ride out, looked like a parade with all the boats. Once we got to some water to run we went west and fished some of the same areas that Chalk and I fished last year. The bite was slow for us. We did find some fish in 4 ft of water, when we were there we got bites on every cast, the only problem was is only lasted for 3 or 4 cast. We had to keep moving in to get back to the 4 ft mark. All but one of our fish was under the C/T with a root beer assassin. They didn't seem to want anything else. Ended up with 8 short and two keepers. Great day on the water and will be back next weekend.
Tod Browning (AKA Iceman)
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good deal, should have went east young man, go east :wink: :lol:
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Why EAST??
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Cause that is where they have been catching them, been kinda dead from Aucilla to Econfina
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Tod,
IF you like fishing the Econfina area, try going to Rock Island. You have to ride about 6 miles, but it should be better fish'in. The area before you get to the island has been good in the past.
Yours in the South