Flats Pro Seminars 2013

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Flats Pro Seminars 2013

Post by silverking »

FLATS PRO SEMINAR
Sign up now to attend the Flats Pro Seminar on Saturday 2/9 SOLD OUT or Sunday 2/10 SOLD OUTat Shields Marina in St. Marks. This comprehensive course will feature instruction on when, where and how to fish the flats of Apalachee Bay and the Forgotten Coast. Topics will include knots, tackle, lures, baits, tides and lunar phases, navigation, flats etiquette, boat and trailer rigging and other subjects to help anglers catch more redfish, trout and other inshore game fish. Captains Dave Lear and Chuck Simpson will be the primary instructors, along with Brett Shields. A BBQ lunch and goody bag with lures, hooks, charts and other valuable information ($25 value) is included with admission. More than $1,000 in door prizes, including Shimano spinning reels, tackle and other outdoor gear, will also be awarded.

WHEN: SATURDAY, 2/9 SOLD OUT or SUNDAY 2/10, SOLD OUT
8:45 a.m to 3:30 p.m
WHERE: SHIELDS MARINA SHIP’S STORE, ST. MARKS, FL
COST: $80 (Seating is limited; advance registration required)
Junior Anglers 12-16 $25 when accompanied by an adult
Last edited by silverking on January 3rd, 2013, 12:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Badbagger

Re: Flats Pro Seminars 2013

Post by Badbagger »

Fantastic opportunity.. as my luck has it with my work hours and schedule (work from 3 a.m. till 11 a.m and on the weekends as well) there's not any conceivable way to attend... I'm JEALOUS lol. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

You'll surely fill those seats up! Now here's a thought...

Get a film crew to ride along and tape the session, import the video into that Mac... and create a DVD - Our Macs' do awesome video work and offer
a Flats Pro Seminar on DVD - HINT HINT... I'd be your first customer :-D
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Fast start to opening registration. (Thanks for the TD plug, Jerry!). There are still seats available for both days, but they're filling up fast. Expect another sell-out at this pace.

If you're looking for holiday ideas, I can mail a nice gift certificate if someone is registered soon.

The tuition fee includes an angler bag with $25 worth of lures and other goodies, a delicious BBQ lunch, a chance to win more than $1,000 in Shimano reels, tackle and other gear, plus more than six hours of detailed tips and tricks for fishing Apalachee Bay and the Forgotten Coast inshore waters.

For more information, please visit my web site at www.captaindavelear.com and click on the Seminar page. Instructions on there for how to pay via check or credit card. We also offer a discount for junior anglers (12-16) if accompanied by an adult.

And sorry Badbagger, no plans for video classes anytime soon. Maybe you can arrange for a day off from work?
groupertherapy
Site Sponsor

Post by groupertherapy »

Can't make this one. Have a conflict with seminar on urban squirrel hunting sponsored by the NRA (Neighborhood Rodent Assasins). :-)
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

groupertherapy wrote:Can't make this one. Have a conflict with seminar on urban squirrel hunting sponsored by the NRA (Neighborhood Rodent Assasins). :-)

Give it a rest dude......we just talked SK into coming back on the Forum by assuring him it was not completely populated by thoughtless idiots.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Saturday session is almost full, but we still have availability for Sunday, February 10. We are expecting to completely sell out once again.

If someone contacts me by Saturday, I can still mail out gift certificates to arrive Monday.

In addition to a full day of instruction, tips and information, we'll feed you a BBQ lunch from Wildfire Grill. Each angler will receive a goody bag with several packs of lures,tackle and other goodies, worth $25. And we'll be giving away nearly $1,000 in door prizes each day, including Shimano spinning reels, Costa sunglasses, SeaTow memberships, tackle, technical fishing clothes and outdoor gear.

If you'd like to register, please visit my web site at www.captaindavelear.com

Thanks for the interest and Merry Christmas.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I'm thinking this is mostly focused on rod and reel fishing, not fly fishing right?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Rhettley wrote:I'm thinking this is mostly focused on rod and reel fishing, not fly fishing right?

That is correct, Rhettley, spin and baitcaster. I'll be glad to chat with anyone during the breaks about fly patterns and tackle. The other topics we'll be covering--fish habitat, tides, solunar phases, boat/kayak rigging, knots, etc., will be universal, however.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Cool. I think I'm going to give this to myself for Christmas. Maybe I'll even win one of those door prizes. I could use a new door on the utility room... :-D
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The Saturday session is now sold out. We still have seats available for the Sunday, February 10, 2013 seminar, but they are going fast as well.

Seating is limited and we won't be able to accommodate walk-ups the day of the event. So if you'd like to attend, register soon at www.captaindavelear.com

I'm starting a waiting list for Saturday.

Will be giving away two coupons for your choice of Costa polarized sunglasses (up to $260 value each), plus a one-year SeaTow/SeaCare membership each day in addition to a lot of other great door prizes like Aqua Dream spoon kits, Shimano spinning reels, technical fishing clothing and other goodies.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Only a couple seats left for the Sunday session.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Happy New Year!

We are now officially sold out on both days. Thanks for the interest.

Contact me by PM or email if you'd like to go on the waiting list. We may have some last-minute cancellations.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just like to remind everyone who signed up that the seminars will be held this coming Saturday, February 9 and Sunday, February 10 at Shields Marina in St. Marks. Classes start at 8:45 a.m. Park in the marina lot or overflow trailer lot off Hwy. 363 (next to St. Marks Cantina).

Extended forecast calls for beautiful weather (upper 60s on Saturday and mid-70s Sunday) and the classroom will be enclosed and heated/cooled. A light jacket or sweater is recommended, however.

Again, we are completely sold out and already have a lengthy waiting list. I'll call those at the top if we have any cancellations. We are unable to accept any walk-ins at Shields.

Thanks again to those who signed up. It promises to be a couple of great days with lots of hands-on instruction, tips, a delicious BBQ lunch and tons of door prizes.