11/25, 12/9, 12/14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RyanD

11/25, 12/9, 12/14

Post by RyanD »

Two late reports and an on time one.

11/25 I took the boys out after church put in at the lighthouse, sat in the east river for a bit with nothing really doing. Headed up the channel to 17a and caught all the BSB's we could, boys were having a ball on their little rods. Outgoing tide. Had to leave them biting as the sun was gone and we were all freezing.

12/9 The boys and I headed out of the light house again. Checked a creek nothing there and the boys are too loud to sneak up on anything. So we headed out to some rocks south of the stakes in about 12' of water. The water was crystal clear and we started catching BSB instantly. The boys caught so many they started selecting the ones off the bottom they wanted, pulling their bait away from the smaller ones. It was a great day for sure.

Yesterday my brother and I got out early trying to beat the low tide and the NE wind, but we were too late at the lighthouse ramp, the ramp curb was barely underwater at 7:15, put in at the fort instead. Headed all the way out past the stakes and again caught all the BSB we wanted to clean. Caught my largest at 15 1/4". Other than getting soaked, freezing and using all 6 gallons of gas in the tank it was a great day with my brother. I really need to figure out where the trout and reds are in the river on days like that.

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Re: 11/25, 12/9, 12/14

Post by Sir reel »

Outstanding Report. You made my day with your report. Keep taking those boys to Church and Fishing. What a great combination. Having 3 boys grown and familes of their own, I sure miss those days. Enjoy every minute you can with them. Don't know if that orange 5 window pickup is yours or not but it sure is pretty... I'd be willing ta make you an offer on the boys and the truck! :thumbup: :smt007
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

way to Go Ryan ! Great Report :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
(Winter tides get a little drastic up here) Get out there while the tide is
on the way in !!
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
RyanD

Post by RyanD »

Thanks guys, that was the lowest tide I've seen in a long time but I haven't been out much in the last 10 years. There was no water for a long ways on the flats in front of the light house. With the kids getting bigger now I'm looking forward to getting out more.

Sir reel, that truck is mine it was a restoration project with my father and I drove it to high school, now it gets out about twice a year. Cranks right up every time. Its a '52 Chevy with the 235 straight 6 and 3 on the tree, the color is off in the photo as its torch red with black running boards. It has about 10,000 miles on it since the restoration. I'm actually thinking about selling it soon, or trade for a decent boat that can carry my family of 5. So while I'll keep my boys, I'd be happy to entertain an offer on the truck, if you were serious of course. :D
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Ryan - Nice job on taking the kids fishing. The Winter time low tides are more drastic here in the Panhandle. You can check the tide info here on this site. If you see the low tide listed as a negative number (below sea level) you probably will not be able to get out at the lighthouse. (The Aucila and Econfina are treacherous too).

Once Spring comes, the low tides will not be so bad. Hopefully you can save yourself a couple of long trips down to the lighthouse ramp by checking this in advance.

Also - those rocks you are catching the seabass on should hold some sizeable sheephead this time of year. Put a small piece of peeled shrimp and a splitshot on one of those boys lines and see what happens.

- Steve Stinson
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

Excellent report. Thanks
RyanD

Post by RyanD »

Steve- Thanks for the tips.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Ah, I remember those days. Be glad and rejoice in them.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice report, always fun when ya take the boys