st. marks 12/28

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RyanD

st. marks 12/28

Post by RyanD »

Headed out with my brother and a buddy early to beat the low tide at the lighthouse, we just made it out. First goal was to catch some BSB out past the stakes before the wind picked up. Third cast was surprised to find this beast.
35" released to fight again

caught a bunch of BSB and had to head in to the channel around 1 as I was getting tired of bailing with every other wave coming over the bow. Lost one of the two cylinders in the old '76 evinrude. Finally made it up to bouy 17 and started catching more BSB. Then my buddy hooked into another big red.
40"

Fished till just a few minutes before sunset hoping we could get one more red, the BSB were biting the whole time in the deep holes. Majority of the fish were caught on pearl flukes and white paddle tails of varying brands all on the bottom. Another great day on the water! Now off to troubleshoot the engine.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: st. marks 12/28

Post by tallykenj »

Gotta love those reds.
The Back Porch
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Real nice, fellas. Good luck with the engine.
Yours in the South
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Nice reds, sounded like a great trip ! Thanks for posting