nfgfc 2013 schedule

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mpa_72001

nfgfc 2013 schedule

Post by mpa_72001 »

Any idea what kind of formats we will be having this year and the whens and where will posted? Just wondering to try and see what days i will be free and when to try and plan a lil vacation from work.thanks.
mpa_72001

Re: nfgfc 2013 schedule

Post by mpa_72001 »

Anyone hear anything? First tourney gonna be combo again?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

http://www.nfgfc.org/index.html
We will have our first meeting of the 2013 season

on Thursday, February 7th at 7:00 pm

at the Beef O' Brady's on Thomasville Road.
That's about all I know. First tourney on the 9th (pending weather, as per usual)
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Is the schedule being posted today?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Any news on the schedule and format this year a lot if us down here need to know so we can try and schedule our vacation time at work that we are scheduling now.we only get a weekend off a month so any info would help asap or we might not be able to get the days off on our schedule. Thanks.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I'm going to assume it is safe to plan for each weekend in a month with a week starting prior to a Thursday of the first full weekend. (aka, Thursday is included within the first week, prior to the weekend, of said month).
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

galantnole wrote:I'm going to assume it is safe to plan for each weekend in a month with a week starting prior to a Thursday of the first full weekend. (aka, Thursday is included within the first week, prior to the weekend, of said month).
(Huh) ?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

hmmm, made sense in my head.

based on years past tourneys, if Thursday falls within the first week of the month prior to the weekend, tourney that weekend, if no thursday before the start of the month, it'd be the second weekend.

heck, just wait for a board member to say something :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Image Image Image
yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Post by yardman32317 »

The first tournament will be on 9 Feb.
We just had a meeting to finalize most of the schedule this past Tuesday.
Brian, our tournament director, has been slammed at work so as soon as he can get the schedule to me I will post it on the web.
Tournament details will follow but it will basically be the same as last year, launch details might be a little different.

Sorry for the delay.
Sua Sponte
RLTW
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

My apologies folks. I owe Yardman the finalized schedule.

Feb will be a combo tournament on 2/9. 3/16 we'll move to Keaton as is our MO. I believe that is the only tournament that will not be the first Saturday following the first Thursday of the month. We've preselected a make-up date, so you won't be faced with the potential of tournaments sliding week to week as a result of weather. I should have the final rule tweaks and schedule to Yardman today, this weekend at the latest, and he'll publish.

I hope the participants from last year are planning on fishing again. I also hope some of the rule changes will encourage others that have fished previous years to return, including many of the kayakers who used to fish. I would love to see a couple redfish pots over $1K this year. For those who have never fished tournaments, if you want to join a low $ tournament and see how folks catch year round, then this is the best investment you can make. Not only will you have the opty to talk with the other teams in a small setting, but there will be great door prizes and food available to all.

Thanks for your patience. We have a great tournament year ahead of us.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

thanks for the update Brian we appreciate it so we can check out our schedule to see about having to schedule our vacation time around the dates.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

May not make a diff, and I'm not going to be able to make either do to my little girls first birthday but I noticed the first tourney is the same day as the flats seminar, just didn't know if that was going cause some problems for some people
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Brian will the first one be at st. marks again or will we be able to put out anywhere. There prolly wont be to many choices with the tide that morning.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Brian will the first one be at st. marks again or will we be able to put out anywhere. There prolly wont be to many choices with the tide that morning.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Tide will limit options. Weigh in will be in st marks. Exact location announced shortly. Launch anywhere within a fairly large specified region for safety purposes.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.